cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a new phone before my contract is up HELP

Journeyman

My contract isn't up for another year but I hate my phone. Can I buy a new phone without a contract from Amazon and activate it on with my contract? Help?

4 REPLIES 4

What phone do you have? Is it broken or you just don't like it? You can buy a new phone but will be paying full price for it over $200.00. You could also go to Ebay or Craigslist but check to make sure they are a clean ESN, (that it is not stolen or tied or flagged to another account). There are no more 1 year discounts.

Journeyman

i have the rumor touch. it malfunctions alot. and i just want a new one. I was looking on amazon. how do i check to see if they have a clean esn?

Wizard

Re: Buying a new phone before my contract is up HELP

In order to check to see if the ESN is "clean" on a device, you can ask the seller of the item to provide you with the ESN and contact Sprint or a Sprint Corporate store and have them to look up the ESN to see if it is eligible for activation or if it is a "bad" ESN. This is done with no charge to you. Keep in mind however, if you activate a device from a private seller you are assuming all responsibility for the device and its condition at the time of purchase. Most of the time there is no manufacturer's warranty that will cover you for equipment malfunctions. It is suggested that within 30 days of activation of device you add the TEP to help protect your investment.

Master

Re: Buying a new phone before my contract is up HELP

All of the above information is good  The thing about advertised prices on Amazon is that they are for activating a phone on a new line of service.  If you are buying from amazon .  You can also look on sprint.com for Certified pre-owned phones.  They are fairly in expensive Choice is not large.  Remember if you buy through e-bay or craigslist the phone is as is   I have talked to many where the phone was not able to be activated due to being on another account, noted as  lost-stolen or the phone simply did not work.    

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat