cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM.CARRIERIQ.IQAGENT. VERSION 1.0.0.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is com.carrieriq.iqagent (versioin 1.0.0)? Per this youtube video, http://youtu.be/T17XQI_AYNo. I checked my phone and it did NOT have it. Early this moring my phone updated and carrier iq had been downloaded. Carrier IQ can access everything. I can't force-stop carrier iq. I can't delete carrier iq. But carrier iq can do a lot with my phone and information.  Not cool Sprint, I'm very upset about this. You changed my contract with you without asking me.

Please explain how carrier iq benefits me. Then, please explain how carrier iq benefits you. Finally, explain how carrier iq benefits third parties.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

another reason to root your phone

Journeyman

Journeyman

Dear Lunchmeat:

STFU.

And pay your bill.

Sincerely,

Sprint

Kiddng aside, this has class-action lawsuit written all over it. Appears to be an unauthorized wiretap, as well as providing unauthorized access to any and all information that ever entetred your phone. 

And I'd be willing to bet that at some level, somewhere, all this information going through Carrier IQ is being data-mined by at least one government agency.  Not because I believe there is some overarching conspiracy but because much of our Federal government is coming to see it's role as our protector, and provider of our well being.  After all, everything our government does is "for our safety and convenience."

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat