cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFUSED

Highlighted
Journeyman

CONFUSED

Hi, I changed my sprint phone number online to avoid to 15 dollar charge, and when I called out after the change the call worked. but people are texting my old phone number and I am getting those messages. When I look at my phone number in my phone settings it is my old number, but when I call people it shows up as the new number. I am so confused as to how I can have a new number for calls, but my old number for messaging? HELP PLEASE

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

I'll be glad to help you out? Can you do a Profile update and PRL update on the phone if it's an Android device. If it's an Iphone dial ##873283# then the green call button. Let me know if that fixes the issue, and if it doesn't let me know what type of device you have.

Thanks,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, I tried the second portion because I have an iPhone 4, the number no longer says my old one it just says unknown?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually, now it says my new number, I just tried texting my friend to see if it works.

Highlighted

In that case, go to Settings, General, Network, and Reset Network Settings. Let me know if that clears up the phone number issue.

Thanks,

Ivan

Highlighted

Perfect.

I'm glad I could help you out with that. Anything else I can help you with?

Thanks,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

It worked thank you so much!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat