cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and Text Messages failing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calls and Text Messages failing

I just came over from AT&T and am having a pretty horrible first month with you guys.  Is it normal for calls to drop and text messages to fail?  I'm in a metropolitan area and according to the coverage map on this website i shouldn't have any issues.

I have never experienced failed outgoing/incoming(phone doesn't ring, I just end up with a vm) text message issues, ooo yeah and i can't seem to access the internet if i'm not on wifi which kind of defeats the whole unlimited data thing if it's only on WIFI.

So people who have been using SPRINT can you tell me if my experiences are norma for a sprint customer or is this a fluke and it's going to get better?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Calls and Text Messages failing

msnyder34,

First, I would like to welcome you to Sprint!  We appreciate your business.  I am sorry to hear that your first month of service has been with intermittent service.  I would like to take a look into your location to verify if we are implementing network upgrades, or if in fact we have a network tower that has malfunctioned.

Please let me know your cross streets of your location along with your zip code, and I will be able to verify your coverage in more detail.

I look forward to corresponding with you!

Sincerely,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having the same problem since July.  My phone works for email and I can call but whether I receive a call or text is hit or miss.  I have received the voice mails a week after someone has left them.  The phone never rings when this happens and so I never know a call was missed.   I have called Sprint and taken the phone in and they checked it out and found nothing.  I even got a new phone and the same thing happens.  I have an HTC EVO model PC36100.  My husband has the exact same phone and has no problem.  Sending texts from home is the worst.  We do have an AIRAVE to increase the signal in our home and I know that causes issues at times with repeating the texts that I do receive.  I wll recieve the same tesxt several days in a row.  This never happened before July so I think there was some upgrade that has affected my phone.  On the last visit to the Sprint store I didn't receive much help but they told me to do all my updates at home so it would use that location.  That didn't help either.  I have tried everything I can think of.  I have had the phone since March 2011 with no issues until July 2012 so my contract is up in March 2013 and I will be making a switch at that time - and that could affect the other 4 phones I pay for as well!

Highlighted

WinstonPatton,

I understand and respect your position regarding terminating your service.  I apologize this has been ongoing for you and your family also.  We appreciate your business! 

I would like to research your area also to verify what exactly could be the cause of your intermittent service.  In order to better research, I appreciate you providing your cross streets, city and zip.  This information will be most helpful.

Sincerely,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
GrandMaster

that pretty much narrowed down that its a phone related issue and not a network issue. if both your phone and your husbands was having the same issues then it would most likley be network related.

WinstonPatton wrote:

I have been having the same problem since July.  My phone works for email and I can call but whether I receive a call or text is hit or miss.  I have received the voice mails a week after someone has left them.  The phone never rings when this happens and so I never know a call was missed.   I have called Sprint and taken the phone in and they checked it out and found nothing.  I even got a new phone and the same thing happens.  I have an HTC EVO model PC36100.  My husband has the exact same phone and has no problem.  Sending texts from home is the worst.  We do have an AIRAVE to increase the signal in our home and I know that causes issues at times with repeating the texts that I do receive.  I wll recieve the same tesxt several days in a row.  This never happened before July so I think there was some upgrade that has affected my phone.  On the last visit to the Sprint store I didn't receive much help but they told me to do all my updates at home so it would use that location.  That didn't help either.  I have tried everything I can think of.  I have had the phone since March 2011 with no issues until July 2012 so my contract is up in March 2013 and I will be making a switch at that time - and that could affect the other 4 phones I pay for as well!

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat