cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i buy the iphone 5 from apple and use it with sprint?

Journeyman

Can i buy the iphone 5 from apple and use it with sprint?

Im trying to buy the iphone 5 16gb at retail price from apple and open another line on my sister contract  to use my iphone 5 do you think thats possible?

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: Can i buy the iphone 5 from apple and use it with sprint?

You can buy a phone from apple and use it with Sprint, they sell Sprint iphone5's. Since you are opening a new line for your sister, you will be able to buy the iphone for the discount price and not the retail price, that will make since since you will have a 2 yrs contract anyway.

Try shopping around, like Amazon, Walmart, BestBuy, they might have a cheaper price or some sort of discounts for the Sprint iphone5.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Just to clarify, Apple doesn't sell a "full priced" CDMA version of the iPhone 5 (which would work on Sprint, Verizon, etc.).  They only sell a full priced GSM version (ATT, T-Mobile, etc.).

Journeyman

So, how i know what kind of discount im getting when opening the new line with the phone. i went to amazon and best buy they didnt have a really good price on the iphone 5, they only good price they had was the $199.99 with a 2 yr contract which i dont want.

Journeyman

The cheapest I have ever seen an iPhone 5 on sale for is $149 and that was through Best Buy.  You aren't going to find it cheap anywhere really.

Journeyman

$149? thats a good price for a iphone 5 dont you think

Journeyman

You have to find it for that price first.  I found it for $149 back in January.  In November, I paid $199 for my iPhone 5. 

Journeyman

Radio shack has the iphone 5 16 GB for $149 until April 4 2013.

$50 off all iphones....

No I don't work for radio shack but I'm getting my wife an iphone 5 this evening.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When making your purchase decision please keep one thing in mind, a corporate Sprint store or a Sprint Preferred Retailer are the only Sprint stores that offer ReadyNow. ReadyNow is a free customer care service that Sprint offers to all customers when they do new activations, upgrades and service repairs at our stores.

Sure, you might save $50 off an iPhone 5 by going to Radioshack, and for some people that's motivation enough right there. But Radioshack will not offer you ReadyNow service. They will simply hand you the phone and expect you to figure out everything on your own.

Yes, the iPhone 5 is currently $199.99 with a new activation or qualified upgrade. But the benefit of purchasing your Apple device from a Sprint store is our ReadyNow program. With ReadyNow you will get your contacts, pictures, videos and text messages (if available on CelleBrite) transferred from your old phone to your new. If you purchase screen protectors and a case from us we will apply the screen protector and put the case on for you. We offer a Buyback program where we will give you money for your old phone to apply towards the cost of accessories or your new iPhone, and you can bring in as many old phones as you want to use as Buybacks. Once the sale is complete we go one step further with ReadyNow and provide you with device education and setup (if desired by the customer). We don't just activate the phone and send you on your way, we will set up your email accounts, iTunes and iCloud account, show you how to use Siri, show you how to download Apps from the App Store, teach you about the various controls and settings on the phone, and show you cool tips and tricks that most customer's new to iPhone's won't know how to do.

So if you'd like to save $50 then by all means, go to Radioshack. But if you want top-notch customer support, buyback discounts, accessory discounts, and of course our ReadyNow service, then you should definitely buy from your local Sprint store.

Regards,

Ryan C.

Sprint Preferred Retailer

Master

Ready now service is provided for free no matter where the device is purchased from, a customer can purchase from Radio Shack then visit a Sprint retailer for the Ready Now service.

Journeyman

Sure, that's true. But why go through the hassle of going to multiple stores and running around town to save $50, when a customer could get everything done the right way the first time around.

Master

I can feed my family for 2 weeks on $50, Best to save every penny you can wherever you can.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat