cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant open E-mails sent from Sprint Phone

Journeyman

Cant open E-mails sent from Sprint Phone

In the old days I used to be able to send a voice message file from my Smart Phone to a email address as a TEXT MESSAGE and the email address was directed to a website to be able to play the audio file, but no longer as it does not work. Today I sent a voice file from my iPhone to a email address as a TEXT MESSAGE and she was unable to open the audio file. Why?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Cant open E-mails sent from Sprint Phone

JohnWolf6589,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues sending voice files via text message to an email address.  I'll be glad to help any way I can.  I'll need some more information in order to further assist.

• To be clear, you're attaching a voice file to a text message and sending it to a email address correct?
  • What format is the voice file in?
  • Is this person reading their email on a computer or on a phone?  If on a phone, what kind of phone do they have?
  • Have you tried sending the file again or sending it to another party to determine if it's a compatibility issue with the receiving party?

I look forward to hearing from you so we can work on a resolution for your ASAP.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Thanks for getting back with me. I used to be able to send Voice Files to email addresses via Text messages when I had a BlackBerry Curve 3G. It seemed to work fine on the other users computer as it directed them to a web page. Since I got a iPhone in February it seems to use a differnet audio format (m4a) I think as opposed to the BB (amr) format. I tried sending a voice fle via text message to a email address from the iPhone and I even tried opening it up on my Macintosh and it would not open. Do you know why?

John

Wizard

John,

If you were able to open them from your blackberry but not from your iPhone, it seems like a compatibility issue with the audio player on your computer. M4A is a format that can be read using iTunes, have you tried using iTunes on  your Mac to open the file?

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

But thats not the issue. Prior the email directed me to a website where the audio files could be played. So it appears you did somethingon your server or your service.

Wizard

JohnWolf6589,

Was it a Sprint website where you were directed before? If not, again the issue is with the format you're trying to play and the program you're trying to play the file with.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat