cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not get the ICS upgrade to my S2 (4G Epic)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did not get the ICS upgrade to my S2 (4G Epic)

Hello Sprint,

I have not gotten the ICS upgrade yet on my phone OTA.  Whereas my daughter in the same household, and account got it a couple of weeks ago. 

What is happening?  How can I get the upgrade?  I have not rooted the phone, but just the same factory setting with a bunch of apps. 

Help.

yengee

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Did not get the ICS upgrade to my S2 (4G Epic)

The update was actually stopped as several problems developed on users phones. Rumor has it that it was being pushed out again, but haven not been able to confirm on phones I have access too.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Same thing happened to me.   My wife's GS2 got updated a few days ago but mine hasn't been updated yet.   When I go to "Settings->About Phone->System Updates->Update Android", it says "Your system is currently up to date.".

Journeyman

dont rush it.  my update was a step backwards!

Journeyman

I just ordered the S2, waiting on it to get here, and I am a little scared of the ICS update!!!  There are so many horror stories floating around.  My hubs got the update on his EVO 3D while they were working on towers, the guy I spoke with at Sprint said that's probably why his phone is acting up now, not so sure reading others with the same issue.  He can't even make calls in roam mode, he can get on internet via Wifi, but it's slower than normal and it won't launch videos.  Also, it keeps resetting his time zone.  One minute it reads an hour a head of our time, then next, an hour behind our time.  It's been a headache and to add to that headache it seems they were suppose to be finished with our tower last night, but it doesn't look like it.

With the issues many seem to be having, especially regarding the battery burn out on the GS2 I am kind of hoping that my phone doesn't try to immediately update to ICS upon activating it.  I am really hoping that I can at least forego it until the bugs are fixed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat