cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Droid (Motorola XPRT) turns self on

Highlighted
Journeyman

Droid (Motorola XPRT) turns self on

Help!  My Motorola XPRT phone has been turning itself on (from completely powered off) for about a month now.  Mostly it happens in the middle of the night, but occasionally it'll be within a few minutes of first turning it off.  I tried a reboot to factory settings and am still getting this issue.  Anyone know what is causing this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Droid (Motorola XPRT) turns self on

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Motorola XRPT. This sounds like it is software related. Have you confirmed that you software is up to date? Settings<About phone<System updates<Update Motorola Software.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I initially walked in to the Sprint store a few weeks ago he tried "forcing a software upload" then ended up resetting to factory settings. The problem came back. I called yesterday (my very very last resort because of years of previous bad experiences) and first she was saying I should have bought the insurance for my device, but really, this doesn't sound like a problem with my device at all.  Then she tried sending a software upload.  I always do updates when they are sent to me so I'm not sure what different update this is.  She said she's making a note and Sprint will look into giving me a new phone if the problem continues.  So far so good.....but that's what happened last time.  It worked for a few days then the problem came back.

Highlighted
Wizard

I am happy to hear that it is currently working. Please keep us updated over the next few days.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat