Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESN "Not compatible" for an actual sprint phone?!?

Journeyman

ESN "Not compatible" for an actual sprint phone?!?

So I recently purchased a Galaxy s3 from eBay, seller has good feedback and phone was listed as clean esn. Item was marked as refurb and came in a sprint asurian box, with the same esn that is on the sprint sticker on the back of the phone under the battery. Screen film still on phone and phone is in mint condition. So I call sprint to activate, and they say they are getting an "ESN not compatible" error? I had them run the esn and they say its not lost or stolen. One of the reps told me that the only time she had ever seen that error was if the phone was rooted. I told her I really don't believe the phone was rooted. She said the only thing she said she could do was to submit a ticket and it would take 24-72 hours. I have called back frequently to try and get updates as my current iphone gives me constant issues while at work, and then suddenly the timeframe changes to 7-10 days. They can't tell me if the ticket department have even opened the ticket or what the ticket number is? I have done some research and I believe that the ESN is not entered in the sprint database. Anyone ever have any issues with this and or know how long it might take for an issue like this to get resolved? Or can it Be resolved? I'd rather not return the phone if I don't have to as I got a descent price on it, but I do have the ability to do so if it is a must. It's only been 48 hours, but it's a real pain working with this iPhone...

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: ESN "Not compatible" for an actual sprint phone?!?

kwp8100-

Hey there! Thanks so much for providing us with your concern! I'd like to take a closer look into this issue and see what's going on. I'm going to send you a private message with further details.

Thanks!

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat