cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D Manufactorer Defect

Journeyman

EVO 3D Manufactorer Defect

I have had my evo for a year and a half and never had any real major problems.  Some battery issues, I think a lot of evo owners have had, but nothing major or nothing I couldn't deal with.  Now my phone has decided to become the computer in space odyssy!  It flipping does things on its own!!  I took it into sprint and was told by the EMPLOYEE of SPRINT that it was a manufactorers defect and there are two choices I have to choose from:

1) Call the insurance I have and pay $100 deductable and they will send me a new phone - manufactorer defect???  insurance claim for manufactorer defect???

2) Pay $100 upgrade to the iphone 4 oh and you have to pay the $200 for the new phone on top of the $100!! 

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????  I have now gone on strike and will not pay my bill until this piece of crap you guys call a phone gets fixed!  I do not understand how something that is a defect would go through insurance??!!  Insurance is for accidents, water getting in the phone...things that physically have to be done to the phone!  DEFECTS are not physical things done to the phone and therefore why are they making the customer pay for the crappy choice in phone providers???  This is completely and utterly Sprints responsibility and if they think they are going to put this on my credit or whatever they are wrong!  I will get an attorney over this i am so pissed my head is spinning!  I got an email from Sprint basically telling me to go f myself because god forbid they sent me a darn postcard that explained the insurance and for some reason I never got that postcard!  Who explains insurance on a flipping postcard????  What is wrong with this company???  Are the bigwigs on the top floor not getting enough oxygen from their heads being so far up their a**??  I have called T-Mobile and for anyone who wants out of Sprints evil hold...petition phone companies to start buying contracts out...dealerships for cars can do it why can't verizon or t-mobile start doing that as well!  Everyone I know has switched during their contract or the exact minute it was over!!  Shady people this company has working for it and the sad part is...it's the shady people that own the company!  And us small peons that pay for their brats brand new cars...well we don't get a new car so don't even think about asking for a phone that actually will dial a human!!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: EVO 3D Manufactorer Defect

Since you have that kinda problem sprint should be able to send you a replacemnt you shouldn't have file a claim. I have the EVO 4G and have had the same kinda issues with my phone. I have had at least 4 replacements from sprint for free because it was a software issues, And I only file a claim once because I cracked my screen

Journeyman

But I'm done with HTC I'm about to get a NOTE 2 you should just get a NOTE 2 or Galaxy s3 which is better then HTC Products, I have had to many issuse with HTC Product

Journeyman

Take it in and tell them that the phone is messed up and that you want it exchanged. They should do an Advanced Exchange for you if it is a Service and Repair location. Make sure to call it that so they know what you're talking about.

There is an issue with EVO 3D's right now being low in stock and being unreparable by technicians due to lack of parts and such for them. They should exchange it for you with "something comparable." You can have them get you a refurbished HTC EVO 4G LTE for free. I got one from my old 3D.

And I work for Sprint by the way. So you can trust me haha go do this. If there is something software wrong with the phone they can't fix then they should exchange it for you for free. But some people are stupid and probably don't know what they're talking about. As well as a lot of times people are reluctant to do Exchanges because the less they do, the easier it is for them to stay under budget. Speak straight to the tech if you can but hopefully they can help you out.

-Mak

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat