cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D update - text messaging not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 3D update - text messaging not working

After the EVO 3d update, the text messaging does not work.

I have the stock text messaging system.

I see that new text mesages are coming in, but when i open the program it just says "Please wait...." and has the loading symbol.

What is going on? this has never happened before after an update.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Wizard

slayer101010101,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.  The messaging application will eventually load if you leave it alone, but I would recommend clearing some text messaging history.  The reason it is taking a long time to load, is traditionally tied to a high message count in your inbox.  Here is a link to another thread discussing different issues since the ICS update including the issue you are describing.

Hope this helps,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Master

Yeah, if you have ALLOT of messages, it can take quite a while to convert all of them to the new system. Sounds about like what's happening.

To limit messages stored o nthe phone you can manually delete or setup through the messaging app a limit of how many messages to store. When activated, the default is like 200 messages and 20mms messages. Keep in mind, this is 200/20 per person not total, but it does help more so then keeping EVERY message received.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I went with go SMS pro.... I let the stock app load and it still was VERY SLOW... Let it sit for TWO HOURS with no other apps running and it STILL didn't load ....

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok i do have alot i suppose of text messages but...im going on 3 hours of still trying to get into my text messages. please wait...I HAVE BEEN FOR THREE HOURS!!!! anyone else's take this long?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine is doing the same thing. Mine is stuck saying "loading". 3 hours in.... Frustrating to say the least.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm now going on 17 hour of this "please wait" nonsense.  I don't care how many texts I have on my phone, this is F-en ridiculous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. Five hours and waiting. Fortunately I'm still able to send and receive text message by logging into Google Voice of my computer.

As an aside: I am able to view the message history for people that I have short message histories with. It's the people I have long message histories with that I still can't load. I guess it's my own fault for not clearing that stuff out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a huge hassle and I am very unhappy.  I have not been able to send text messages for an entire day, and I am in Canada so this is my only access to communication with my family and friends.  There should have been a warning for this and an acknowledgement. 

Highlighted
Wizard

To all of the above,

I've included a link to a thread that discusses this same issue.  If you have a large amount of text messages in your inbox, it will take some time to convert those messages to the new operating system.  Some work-arounds were suggested in the above thread that may help resolve your issue a bit faster.

Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Master

Fergie_B wrote:

To all of the above,

I've included a link to a thread that discusses this same issue.

No link, or are you referring to the link near the top of this thread in the following post?  

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/459023#459023

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

smotrs,

Yes, I was referring to the link near the top. I suppose I should post it again. Thanks for pointing that out.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/455888#455888

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat