cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 3G

Journeyman

Epic 3G

I ahve tried connecting my Epic to my computer via the USB cable however my computer is not recognizing the phone and I cannot access the phone via the my computer screen which lists all connected devices (except my epic)

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Epic 3G

I've fixed that problem by unchecking USB Debugging.  Try unplugging your phone and then uncheck it. (Home/Menu/Settings/Applications/Development/USB Debuggin)

thanks

Journeyman

Epic 3G

What do you recommend when Debugging was never checked to begin with?

Master

Epic 3G

Try a different cable.  I've helped at least 3 different customers with this exact problem with an Epic and after we swapped out the cable it worked- and they were using the included USB cable.  (all this is assuming it's not really caused by a defect in your phone or micro SD card)

Master

Epic 3G

Also try this:

Go to the phone and dial ##8778#

Make sure the top option UART is set to Modem and the bottom option USB is set to PDA.

In the service and repair stores the phones are set with other settings to connect to the diagnostic systems. Sometimes it doesn't get reset to where they need to be on accident.

Journeyman

Epic 3G

Samsung / Sprint only provided one cable.

Journeyman

Epic 3G

When I entered ##8778# the display showed UART as PDA and USB as PDA. Why is that wrong?

Highlighted
Wizard

Epic 3G

Hello,

Do you have the Samsung drivers installed for your PC? If not, please go to http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201009/20100901010102890/Samsung_Mobile_Driver_V1.3.800... and install the drivers.  Also make sure USB DEBUGGING is ENABLED by Home/Menu/Settings/Applications/Development/USB Debuggin.  Windows does not have the drivers for the Epic, and these must be installed to be able to see your Epic from your PC. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat