cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after 4.1.2 Update

Journeyman

Error after 4.1.2 Update

After getting the 4.1.2 update this morning everytime my phone reboots I now get the message "Currently unable to download. Please try again later."  This indicates an issue to me with the update or how it was applied since I wasn't getting the message before.  Also, the phone is extremely laggy at times and slow to switch screens or process simple games that were very fast and smooth before. TIA.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Error after 4.1.2 Update

jmgottula1,

Thanks for posting your issue. I should be able to help out here.

To begin, we sometimes see customers that choose to 'root' their device for one reason or another. Unfortunately, one of the side-effects of rooting is the inability to perform system updates. When attempting an update on the rooted phone you will see the same message as you have listed or, the update will download and then give a message that it was unable to install.

If you have not rooted your phone I would be interested in making sure you have enough storage space available on the device to store the update. In combination with the slugish-ness that you have described it's a strong possibility the phone may be running low on storage space. You can check this under Settings>Storage.

If you find that the phone memory is almost full but the storage card still has available space try moving over picture, videos or other media to free up some space.

Let me know if that helps and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Chris

Journeyman

I'm not sure what you mean by root?  I had a message when I awoke yesterday that an update was available so I proceeded with the instructions on the screen.

The storage that you're asking about reads as follows:

System = 2.24BG/12.05GB  Meaning I have over 9GB of free space

SD Card = 2.36GB/14.93GB  Meaning I have over 12GB of free space

Thanks for you help.  This is frustrating watching screens fade in and out when they used to just snap from one to the next.

Jeff

Wizard

jmgottula1

Thanks for the info. Don't worry about the root scenario if you are unfamiliar with it.

The storage is looking good so that isn't the problem. Let me look at the provisioning system that sends the download request to the phone.

Would you please send me your phone number via Private Message? You can do this by clicking on my username and pressing Send Message on the right-hand column that comes up.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

I sent you a PM yesterday Chris right after your last reply.. did you get it?

Journeyman

I tried the update again as you suggested... phone says no updates available.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat