cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 3d Will not activate

Highlighted
Journeyman

Evo 3d Will not activate

I've been a loyal Sprint customer for over 9 years, on different accounts, and this is the first time I have been SO upset with Sprint I will cancel the next time my contract is up.

I had to get my phone repaired at Besy Buy and all went well- until we tried to activate the new one. It's been 3 days without a phone now. We called Sprint, and they told us that all phone activations are down and there's no ETA so I should just keep restarting my phone to see if it would work.

I can get on Sprint 4G, and roaming, however when I turn those off I have no network service whatso ever. I have yet to have it, and because of that cannot activate my phone. I know Sprint service is availible, because I'm sitting next to another Sprint user.

This has got to be a lie right? I can hardly believe Sprint would halt activations, and I'm reaching my limit. I realize Sandy did some damage to the East Coast, and I'm in Massachusetts.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

I am sorry you are having a problem activating your device. There could be a problem activaing a device in the area affected by Sandy.  Your device has to have a good 3g Data signal to activate on the service.  You said you can roam with the device on other networks is that correct?  Did they try to do a manual programing for voice only on the phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The thing is, those around me have service. I can jump on to other networks if I turn on roaming, and I can even connect to Sprint's 4G network (but it still shows as no service on the  icon).

Honestly, they barely tried to do anything. Hands free activation give mes an error code, and when we had to spend a good 15 minutes convincing them to let us do a manual program. We entered that information, and it still showed no service. That's when the woman on the line just said "Activation is currently not working due to Sandy. We have no ETA" and ended the call.

My area honestly wasn't hit by Sandy, although I realize other areas farther away in MA were.

Highlighted
Master

Are you able to get 3g data on the device?  The phone will not program over 4g.  Can you check on your device and insure mobile networks has a check to the right of it?     If you had to turn on 3G data, turn off 4g and try to update the profile by going to system updates> update profile   What error code do you get when you  try a hands free activation?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cannot get any 3g data singal on it whatsoever, BUT other users next to me on Sprint have service. The phone has no had a 3g singal on Sprint since I powered it on the first time. The only 3G I can get is roaming. Because of that, I cannot connect to the mobile network either. The best I can get is a 4g signal.

Error 1012 for both hands free activation and manual update profile.

Highlighted
Master

Thank you for the information on the device If you are unable to pick up a 3g signal that would be the reason the device will not activate.  You said best buy repaired the device.  What was wrong with it that it need to be fixed?  Did the internet work correctly prior to going to best buy?  Did they repair or replace your device.   Based on the information you have given me there is nothing wrong with the Sprint Network in your area.  There is an issue with the device.  At this point I would recommend either taking it to one of our service and repair stores so we can run a diagnostics test on it or back to Best Buy because the phone did not work correctly after they gave it to you.   There is one possibility is that we have the wrong device on the account.   If you would like to send me a private message with your phone number and the ESN or Msid nuber of the phone I will be happy to check.   You can find the MSID/ESN by g oing to  about phone under settings

Highlighted
Journeyman

They sent me a refrurbished one, so I assumed it was the phone broken when I powered it on and the phone wasn't working. Since the sprint rep told them it was the service, they refused to troubleshoot longer.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat