Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 3d headphone jack affecting calls?

Journeyman

Evo 3d headphone jack affecting calls?

I have an HTC Evo 3d bought from a friend, and I thought that the only issue was something being in the headphone jack preventing it from working/being able to plug anything else in. When I went to make a call, I hear the person on the other end perfectly clear, but neither them nor a voice search/voice-to-text can hear me. Whatever it is in the headphone jack is not budging, none of the apps like headphone blocker have yielded any success. The one strange thing is, one time i tried making a call and the normal thing happened, however i don't know how else to describe it but when you speak you can hear your voice feeding back through your earpiece? that happened and, though a little quiet i guess, it came through perfectly clear - however the person on the other end still could not hear me. Can somebody please recommend a solution? a way to delete the driver for the jack maybe? I really don't know what to do and am at wits end with this thing.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Evo 3d headphone jack affecting calls?

Hey sidvicious, thanks for reaching out to us.

Based on what you've described, I'd recommend visiting a local repair center. You can find one here: http://bit.ly/zihNln . Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat