cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo Shift not receiving 4G with move to LTE network

Highlighted
Journeyman

Evo Shift not receiving 4G with move to LTE network

Been doing some research lately and it seems that with Sprint moving to an LTE network my phone will never receive 4G speeds, what happened to the 4G that I was promised when I signed up? Also I have done several speed tests on the 3G and the averages are terrible lately (downloads at 180 kbps and uploads at 16 kbps.) Can any Sprint reps give me a reason that the ETF still applies even though I am not receiving the service I am, not only paying for, but was told I would get once I signed the contract?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

unfortunately , I do think that is the case . Sprint still doesn't know if they are going with ClearWire or LighSquared for their LTE network ; all Sprint Android devices only support WiMAX - which is being phased away. I feel the pain with you regarding the slow 3G speeds ; although my og EVO 4G gets double that for some reason - even though the Shift supports EVDO Rev B . ETF applies only if you want to cancel service and the $ 10 add-on per line is for all phones - that is how Sprint can afford the Unlimited Data for their customers

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat