cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible Screens coming soon?

Highlighted
Wizard

Flexible Screens coming soon?

Just curious to get some thoughts from other tech users on flexible screens? What have you heard? What do you think?

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Re: Flexible Screens coming soon?

Only thing I've heard was Corning was working on the material and Samsung promises it for the Galaxy Note 2.

Personally, I think it's an awesome idea and can't wait to try it out. Whether it's as good in the real world as I think it can be, remains to be seen.

http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-2-reportedly-uses-flexible-superamoled-panel

http://www.androidcentral.com/corning-promises-flexible-displays-its-new-willow-glass-technology

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

What about tactile display?

Highlighted
Master

That I haven't heard much about.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for the links about the flexible screens, seems like a pretty sweet concept!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

wasnt able to read up much on the flexible screens..but what exactly is the purpose for them? less of a chance of cracking it or something?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah, that could be one of the reasons, but from what I am seeing, I am amazed with the clarity, pretty impressive.

Master

I guess one of the things they are thinking is having the phone being able to fold so it can fit into pockets yet be removed, unfolded and have a tablet size display. At least that's what the different articles are predicting.

--

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i would imagine it would be more acceptable to scratches ...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

somehow i see that as causing a weak point at the fold itself over time..its guaranteed i would never buy one of those lol

Highlighted
Master

Yeah, I can't see them making it out of Gorilla glass. Although Zagg and others would love it I'm sure. 

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat