cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus vs. EVO 4G LTE

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Nexus vs. EVO 4G LTE

galaxy nexus vs htc evo 4g lte vs galaxy s3

This will be the ultimate show-down. SGS3 is to show case on may 3rd.

GrandMaster

i believe L.A is set for the second market round up. www.s4gru.com has a list up on which markets are getting started and so on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The Evo LTE is basically an HTC One X in terms of specs. If you look up benchmarks of AT&T's version of that phone, you will see that it outperforms the Galaxy Nexus in Quadrant benchmarks by something like double. That doesn't necessarily mean the phone is twice as fast, but it's definitely faster. Since the Evo LTE has pretty much the same hardware, it's a reasonable assumption that Sprint's version will also far outperform the Nexus.

Not to mention...HD voice!

Also, if the "stock androidness" is what's drawing you to the Nexus, keep in mind that as a really popular phone I'm sure the Evo will get a bunch of custom roms for it (CyanogenMod, etc...the original Evo did). So if you're okay with rooting your phone and flashing a new ROM you can basically make a nexus anyway.

Journeyman

Well yea. The Evo LTE is the HTC One X. It just was designed special for Sprint. Just like how the Evo 3D is the HTC Sensation. And the Thunderbolt is the HTC Evo 4G.

Journeyman

I am stuck on this question. I am due for an upgrade in June so I could go with either one of these phones. Problem is I loved my Evo and I love my Galaxy II. The only problem with my galaxy II is the Internet. My HTC seems to load things such as internet based apps like Facebook much faster compared to my Galaxy II. I do not understand why but this is like my 3rd replacement phone and each phone has the same issue. This latest one I have works a little better than the first one I ever got. And I love the super AMOLED screen compared to the HTC. I just read about the battery and I really do not know how I feel about that. I use my phone a lot. Like you said, decisions, decisions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've found that the easiest way to decide which phone to go with, is simply to walk into a Sprint store and ask to see what all of the sales people are using for themselves. The last 3 times I've stopped into the store while researching what I wanted to go with, it was a mix between the Epic Touch and the Nexus. I was told that as soon as they get the EVO LTE in the store, they'll all switch based solely on the specs and reviews so far.

Journeyman

I'd wait for the iPhone 5 first before I make my decision! LTE coverage won't be ready in my area until my next upgrade next year so I have time to decide if I want to go with a IPhone 5 or a EVO 4g LTE! My iPhone 4 is Trouble Free.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat