cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus vs. EVO 4G LTE

Wizard

Galaxy Nexus vs. EVO 4G LTE

Decisions, decisions. Both look pretty sweet, but this article favors the EVO 4G LTE. Which to buy? Of course, there's the iPhone 5 and (hopefully) some Windows Phone devices on the horizon as well...

http://bit.ly/I0a93A

30 REPLIES 30
GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy Nexus vs. EVO 4G LTE

each phone is going to have a list of pro's and con's. just gotta narrow down which one has the least con's for you *shrug*

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

the evo wins as far as the 8 megapixel camera to the 5 on the nexus the processer on the evo beats the nexus but im going with the nexus because i wanted this phone and it can stand its ground to the evo just like the nexus s 4g did with the evo 3d and the original evo

GrandMaster

havent really looked into it but is the battery on the nexus removable? thats one of the cons i have about the EVO.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If it were 4 months ago, Nexus without any doubt. Now, I'm waiting for the Galaxy s 3. I prefer the hardware and antennas of HTC phones, but I have had so many problems with my HTC Tilt and Fuze (ATT) then EVO 4G randomly crashing, rebooting, that I think it may be time to try out Samsung.

Journeyman

The EVO 4G LTE has the new Qualcomm S4 and from the benchmarks it blows everything currently out of the water even the Nexus. The camera of the 4G LTE is better than the Nexus, The only thing the Nexus has going for it, is that it is a plain jane ICS phone with no skins. However the 4G LTE with Sense 4.0, HTC has taken a new path and made Sense a lot less intrusive. Again from the reviews, the new Sense 4.0 is very minimal impact and actually works for the phone. Anandtech has a good article on it at http://www.anandtech.com/show/5563/qualcomms-snapdragon-s4-krait-vs-nvidias-tegra-3/1

Journeyman

outside design: samsung

camera: htc

screen resolution: samsung

battery: probably htc

processor: htc

i personally would go w/ samsung over htc. i like samsung's sleek design. i like my phone thin and light.. htc are boky and heavy

Journeyman

Pick the Evo

It will have HD voice

Better cam

Kickstand!

SD card slot

Sence 4.0

Very nice screen and not 3D thank goodness

I would say the Evo is well worth it and the unique design really sets it apart from the rest. HTC really put a lot of time into this phone.

GrandMaster

to late to get to grumpy over but i dislike the non removable battery they went with. well that and the side usb port...aside from those it seems like it will be a monster

also for those that want info on the EVO 4G LTE

sprints news room~

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/htc-evo-4g-lte-fact-sheet.htm

and on the processor it will be using

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/87943?tstart=0

Journeyman

I read the fact sheet on the HTC EVO. Was going to pre order one of these but now  see the inbedded battery....ugh!  What would your 2nd choice be? Love my old Sanyo flip but it has run it course. Wish they could make a flip with all the goodies of the HTC.....

GrandMaster

yah the battery deal is a huge bummer to me. then again supposedly with that processor and ICS AND the 4.0 sense its supposed to be pretty good with battery life..until the phones out no one will know the real world status on that battery or not.

aside from that i have been a big HTC fan for quite some time now..they have yet to let me down..never ran a LG phone...motorola and samsung still have a foul taste in my mouth from past experiences.

either way im waiting at least a month after this phone is out to see what carnage the forums blast on it..if its not bad or i can live with it then im all in...if it ends up turning into the titanic like the nexus s did then im forced to look at the other options. at least i think it was the nexus s...the one kicked out around the time of the 3D and i think right before the photon? either way that thing was horrid

Journeyman

I dont see why you guys are harping on the fixed battery. The thing is huge compared to some phones, 2000mAh to be exact. That is a big battery.

The thing that really is the big negative to me is the maximum RF ERP of the phone. It is somewhat lackluster in that regard.

Maximum RF ERP: 20.43 dBm (CDMA1X 850), 18.74 dBm (EV-DO 850), 22.98 dBm (CDMA1X 1900), 18.44 dBm (EV-DO 1900), 20.01 dBm (CDMA1X 800), 18.75 dBm (EV-DO 800), 19.85 dBm (LTE 1900)

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-159-htc-evo-4g-lte-tech-details-revealed-in-fcc-oet-filing/

Also from what I have read, the Qualcomm S4 does LTE on the chip itself. Most phones have a seperate chip which contributes to battery drain.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat