cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus vs. EVO 4G LTE

GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy Nexus vs. EVO 4G LTE

tdatkins0626 wrote:

I dont see why you guys are harping on the fixed battery. The thing is huge compared to some phones, 2000mAh to be exact. That is a big battery.

The thing that really is the big negative to me is the maximum RF ERP of the phone. It is somewhat lackluster in that regard.

Maximum RF ERP: 20.43 dBm (CDMA1X 850), 18.74 dBm (EV-DO 850), 22.98 dBm (CDMA1X 1900), 18.44 dBm (EV-DO 1900), 20.01 dBm (CDMA1X 800), 18.75 dBm (EV-DO 800), 19.85 dBm (LTE 1900)

for those like myself that are heavy users its a bit of a bummer since we cant upgrade to a larger battery..im currently rolling with a 3500mah and unde my usual to slightly less than usual usage i can get a day + before i have to charge my phone..well depending on if i play any games or not...then that day of battery life just went down the tubes lol.

explain the RF please..i was reading that before over at S4GRU but wasnt really getting the jist of it. they did a break down between reception on the original evo and the LTE....so.....dumb it up for me..lol i know the 3D showed a bar or 2 less side by side with the original evo...not sure if it was getting less of a signal or just reading it differently.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

NateC put it best when explaining it. His post is seven up from bottom of page.

I guess we will have to see what the real world perfomance is like when it comes out.

GrandMaster

i'll have to check out his post when i get home.

and yah.. the real world test will either make or break a phone. which is why i wait so long before i jump on a new phone or not

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

For me, it's always Nexus. I hate the fact that I have to sacrifice excellent hardware to have the latest software, but having been on a stock ICS experience for some time now, I feel a bit spoiled. I don't think I'd ever be able to tolerate Sense again; even if 4.0 is "less intrusive."

Journeyman

since the htc will have a built in battery what happens if the phone freezes?

Wizard

Probably something like this: hold power button and volume down buttons at the same time for 3 sec. and it will go into a reboot.  No biggie. On iPhone, for example, you hold Sleep/Awake and Home button to reboot.

GrandMaster

aside from the random sense reload deal i have never had any major issues with sense. only time i ever see it now is when i play a game that has ALOT of movement going on (smurfs' village, etc)...soon as i hop out of the game it will reload on me. aside from that i never really see it happen.

Journeyman

The Evo was the worst phone I ever had. I am so tempted to get the galaxy nexus although I love my iPhone.

Journeyman

I think that it is a total random draw of the hat with the HTC phones. My Evo 4G never had one problem. It worked perfect yet my Evo 3D had nothing but problems. Though others I have talked to said the 3D was perfect. So really it looks like these Evo phones work or they dont work. You just have to get a good one and that will be based on luck.

GrandMaster

thats with alot of phones period. HTC is still up at the top of the list though.

and same deal here...a few issues with my EVO 4G...nothing to drastic..but aside from that its been and still is a great phone..still running it

Journeyman

Nexus will be the better phone imo but i cant get it no lte in los angeles i cant believe it LA should be in the 1st group thinking about going to verizon i want a new phone and sprints 3g here is the worst so that is not a option 4g is okay here still not as good as verizon/att if they ever get unlimited data back at either one im gone quick

Journeyman

I wonder what the battery life is going to be like when these phones are running on the 4G network? A fixed battery is ok if it can last! My iPhone 4 battery last a long time if I don't have all the stuff that I'm not using on.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat