Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 LTE connection

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S3 LTE connection

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is there some special way to get my S3 to connect to LTE? I live in an area without coverage, but occasionally go up to Baltimore, which has LTE basically everywhere, and my phone has never once connected. I've got the connections optimizer turned on and my network is set to CDMA/LTE/EVDO, so what else could I be doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GrandMaster

the profile/PRL update will probably kick start it...hopefully..post either way if it does or doesnt..also dont go by the map...i think its still showing what the coverage will be like once fully finished and not what it currently is...so it might show you covered when actually its not yet..that sensorly app will show you what actually is being picked up by other users using that app as well..its a great tool for just this reason alone

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
GrandMaster

True LTE is in baltimore but you may be in areas that are either still having it deployed or is still waiting for it to be deployed...download the sensorly app and it will show you while youre there where LTE has been picked up..then you'll know if youre in that area or not..disclaimer...there is also a chance that sensorly is showing LTE in an area that LTE was being tested..so there is a chance that it might not be on when you get there..they might be still testing and tuning it.

also once youre in that area try flipping in and out of airplane mode to see if you can kickstart it..or do a profile and PRL update and then try it

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've tried airplane mode/restarting, but I'll try to profile/prl update next time. I checked with Sprint support today (though not while in Baltimore) for the address I stay at, as well as the Inner Harbor area, and both are supposed to have LTE coverage, but I'll try that app as well. Thanks for the help.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the profile/PRL update will probably kick start it...hopefully..post either way if it does or doesnt..also dont go by the map...i think its still showing what the coverage will be like once fully finished and not what it currently is...so it might show you covered when actually its not yet..that sensorly app will show you what actually is being picked up by other users using that app as well..its a great tool for just this reason alone

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Awesome, thanks for the help man.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

no worries. its what these forums are for assistance from techs AND other customers

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat