cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 vs Evo 4G LTE vs Optimus G

Journeyman

Galaxy S3 vs Evo 4G LTE vs Optimus G

Hello,

I currently have the GS3 and my only issue is the weak antenna. Tomorrow is my last day of my 14 day return period so I am looking for advice and suggestions on whether I should stay with the GS3 or switch to the Evo 4G LTE or Optimus G.  Tell me everything good and bad but I need a strong antenna (or radio if you prefer that term) since I currently live in the basement level of the house so I need as much help as I can get for decent reception.

Thanks in Advance

Atttached are images of my coverage area

2 REPLIES
Master
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Galaxy S3 vs Evo 4G LTE vs Optimus G

Stick with the GS3. The features they added into the GS3 kick the Evo LTE in the nads. I carried the Evo LTE myself and it's great. Now I have  the GS3 and it's even better. Just look at resale values. Evo LTEs going for $200, GS3s going for $350 - no contest, everyone is trying to get out of their Evo LTEs.  GS3 has Android version Jelly Bean. Evo LTE is just now getting it 2 months later. Optimus G is launching on Android Ice Cream Sandwich - really? lame.

GS3 will be supported farther down it's life cycle because it is a high end Samsung. Accessories will be designed specifically for S3 (like the focus the iphone gets).  That will not happen for the Optimus G (just look at all previous LG models, they've been garbage).

HTC didn't bring anything new and fantastic to the table with the Evo LTE -- and they went with an internal battery -- stupid .

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.