cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy nexus and Airave 2.5

Journeyman

Galaxy nexus and Airave 2.5

I was just "upgraded" to an airave 2.5.  All of the phones i have work fine with it except my galaxy nexus with andriod 4.1.  The samsung trender and iphone 5 work fine but i can't hold a calll with the airave. I can literally watch the signal go from 5 crash to zero bars irregardless if i am on the phone or not.  i've reset the device to defaults many times.  I turned off all other radios..nothing helps.  I have a ticket open but that's gone nowhere else as well.  I've had to go to the extreme of blocking ALL numbers from my airave except my other three lines so i have a chance of at least holding a call(if i stand outside my door that is where i get between zero and one bar of signal).  Luckily everyone is happy with their phones otherwise so i jsut have to wait a year and a half for my contracts to expire...then it's off to vz or ATT if sprint doesn't have this airave issue fixed.

16 REPLIES 16
Wizard

Re: Galaxy nexus and Airave 2.5

hescominsoon,

Thanks for the post. I was wondering if you have had the chance to call Airave support for this issue. If so, what exactly were they able to tell you about the situation?

Sean L

Social Care

Wizard

Have you tried updating the PRL and profile while the Nexus was placed on top of the Airave? After that, try to powercycle the Nexus while on top of the Airave and dial *99 and let us know what happens.

Journeyman

That always errors out..and i've been told multiple times to not do that anyway..Smiley Happy  None of my phones can prl or system update while on the airave..but it's only my nexus that can't hold a signal on the airave 2.5

Journeyman

right now they aren't sure..this one has them scratching their heads.  I have a iphone 5, and samsung trender, and a samsung intercept that all play nicely with the 2.5.  only my nexus isn't happy.  The 1.0 all of my phones liked.  It's not on my end as skype, teamspeak, and google voice all work flawlessly..Smiley Happy

Wizard

Have your turned off 4G and trying to get it to connect?

Journeyman

yeppers..airave folks finally turned on some logging and watched as my phone held a call at zero bars w/o airave vs dropping a clal within 30 seconds at 5 bars(that went to zero) on airave..Smiley Happy

Wizard

Oh okay.

Wizard

like i said, rare that i get an inclination that it has to do with the model but without seeing known issues about the Gnex or others saying they were having a problem, I had a weird personal inkling that it was this device model. I had a bit of trouble with my Evo LTE as well, but def 100% trouble with my Gnex. Had that weird feeling that if I went to another device model I was betting 100% it would work fine and it did. I'm keeping my eye on this thread

Journeyman

I think i found the issue with my airave and my phone.  Too much rf.  me being a recent HAM i took a look at what happens to rf receivers when they get overloaded..and the symptoms matched what my phone was doing.  I called up airave tech support and had them drop the coverage to 1500 sq ft.  Keep in mind my house is 2500 sq ft.  I then called airave tech back and held a call on the airave for more than 2 minutes.  I've never been able to do that with the 2.5 before.  I'm thinking the 2.5 puts out more power than they think it does..Smiley Happy

Wizard

Glad to hear you figured out a solution, good job identifying that as a problem. Keep us posted.

Journeyman

finally got something helpful....

Sometimes it helps to be a HAM radio licensee..Smiley Happy  I worked my way up to a level 3 escalation on the airave where i had sprint and airvana directly involved.  It turns out there is a known issue with the airvana 2.5 and andriod LTE devices.  the phones try to query the airvana for LTE which fails...the phone then de-registers from the airave and then recycles on 3g and connects.  Things are fine until the phone tries to find 4G at the airave again..rinse repeat.  This only affects the 2.5 AFAIK.  The solution is to disable 4g and lock the phone into 3g when on the airave.  I've also noticed the signal the 2.5 is throwing out is very hot.  I live in a 2200 sqft house but i had to have them turn it down to 1500sqft to keep the rest of the phones from getting blasted off the air as well.(google receiver rf detuning).  Airvana now has an active ticket on this inssue internally on their end as well...here's to hoping this will get fixed now.  I've now got the reduced power and the 4G disabled on my GNEX.  I'll report back with the results.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat