cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s3 Galaxy Note 2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy s3 Galaxy Note 2

Sprint has announced that LTE Advanced will start this year.  Is the Galaxy s3 and Note 2 Compatable with this new tech?  I would rather wait than be behind the curve when I only upgrade every 2 years or longer.

I travel for a living and in lte city's that have LTE frequently. 

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Galaxy s3 Galaxy Note 2

It has been announced it would begin launch this year?

Wizard

Yes they both support LTE. My Wife and I have the Note 2's and our kids have the S3's and all work great.

If you are going to want it for traveling for work then I'd get the Note 2. After getting mine I rarely use my laptop for work anymore.

Journeyman

I know all of my information on LTE Advanced is extremely old at this point but I have not heard anything to the contrary other than pushed back alittle but still in 2013.  Quick google search came up with this.  I dont know their source but it came in the right time frame.  LTE ADVANCED 2013

Journeyman

Yeah, I am aware that the phones work on the current lte system but there is a next gen network called LTE ADVANCED.  Since its being introdouced this year I would rather wait for the Galaxy twins (s 4and note3) if the current models dont play well with LTE Advanced.  Look into it...pretty cool.

Wizard

Ah, gotcha.

Yeah the current devices won't support advanced that I'm aware of. I think advanced is farther out than 2013.

I would say upgrade now to the Note 2. All devices being sold now will at least work with LTE (on Sprint's 1900mhz frequency) and will work with the 800mhz Nextel frequency (for voice/text/2g data) once it is shut down and flipped over to Sprint this summer. That 800mhz will afford you better signal penetration/coverage.

Phones that will work on both 1900/800 for LTE will be launched 2013. These will afford you LTE for example when you walk in a building and your phone kicks over to 800mhz so it has signal strength. Current phones would kick you over to 800mhz so you would still have coverage for voice/text/2g but the newer phones coming this year would give you voice/text/LTE when on 800mhz. Not a huge deal, but maybe important to some.

Again,  I don't think LTE Advanced will be 2013 and I wouldn't wait.

The only thing I don't like about the Note2 is that it doesn't do svdo, simultaneous voice and data on 3G. My S3 does it; but I'm going to the Note2 anyway.

You should get the Note2 now for $250 or less. Then if you want to upgrade again a year from now, you can sell your Note2 for $250 and use that money to allow yourself to upgrade early to a new device.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat