cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s3 roaming and charging

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy s3 roaming and charging

I've had sprint for several phones now and have always been roaming at home with them. No big deal, still get phone and data service through it. However, with my new Galaxy s3 when I'm roaming at home and I go to charge it, it drops the signal totally and i get nothing. I unplug the charger, back to roaming and getting a phone signal. I need to be able to have my phone pretty much plugged in while I'm home to use it because the roaming kills the battery, but if I can't get a  signal while charging the phone is useless to me.  Any help on fixing this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

abbeotis

Thanks for your post. I want to get to the bottom of this right away. I do want to check the service signals around your home can I get your zip code and major cross streets please?

Thank you,

Krishel

Denver Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the zip code is 18074 closest street would be little road and perkiomenville road, but its a rural area.  I took it to get looked at and they adjusted my roaming settings and still nothing. Talked to customer service and they are sending me an airwave, I  really hope that it works because its a great phone and I don't want to have to return it. Also tried it with my brothers phone and his does the same thing.

Highlighted
Wizard

That is awesome that customer care took care of you, and I am sure you will be happy with the airave!  If there is anything else you need help with, I am happy to assist!

Samantha

Social care

Highlighted
Journeyman

So with the airave i should be able to boost the sprint signal which has always been weak at home. But with all my other phones, I can roam at least and still talk, text and use data. So I think its less of the sprint signal and more the Galaxy s3 that for some reason does not let you charge and roam at the same time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I suddenly have a similar problem with my galaxy 3.  I have full bars, both WiFi and 3G. Internet works fine but can only call out,  receive calls and texts when the roaming triangle is on. Went to the Sprint store. They said they had to reactivate the network?  Worked for about 30 mins then lost the network again. I've tried everything. Updated,  changed roam to sprint only,  went to CDMA only.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can  give some tips. Easy fix that works a lot of time is pulling the battery as this force your device to powercycle and it will refresh the network settings. You can doa  data profile update. If this does not fix it please try the following:

pull up your dialpad and type ##72786# . This will reprovision your phone. All your data etc will be safe. Let me know how if this helped.

*Mark

Journeyman

I went to a Sprint store today and may have an answer.  It is the network.

I have been dealing with this issue with a brand new Galaxy S3 I ordered on Thanksgiving.  I live in the sticks.  Before I had an older flip phone with no camera that I could leave (plugged in) on the counter and it would catch a roaming signal so I could send and receive texts.

I couldn't figure out why the Galaxy would not do the same.  Then reliazed whenever it was plugged in, to a car, USB, or wall, it lost the 3G signal I get here.  Unplug it, signal comes right back.  WiFi continues to work when charging.

Sprint had me pull the battery and reprovision the phone. Their tech could not find any mention of the issue although there are two threads, here. (http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/104803 - the other one)

Neither helped.  In fact I had to drive 30 miles to a stronger signal to get the reprovision to work.  He told me if that didn't work to go to a store. (90 miles away)

Samsung support "Was unaware of the issue." and did not provide any advice whatsoever.

I scheduled a repair appointment and drove to a store today.  Imagine my astonishment as I watched the tech plug it into USB and the wall, and send and receive texts with the device on 3G.

It is the network where you live, work, whatever.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat