cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO Time Changing?

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO Time Changing?

I have the HTC EVO 4G which I love but randomly the time and location keep changing. At first it happened once in the first 6 months, not long after daylight savings, so no big deal.  Called Sprint updated the profile on the phone and it went back to normal.   Happened like 3 months later same thing, called Sprint and went to the Store and they updated and fixed it again. Now all of a sudden every other day the time and location are changing to some random places.  Annoying yes.  Issues now with my job since I use it to schedule appointments and showing up late or a couple hours early depending where the location and time switches.

Just curious if any other Sprint/ EVO users are having the same issues.  I'm going to the Sprint store in the am when they open. But just looking for input to see if its just my phone and ask for a replacement or if its a software glitch that others are having as well.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

HTC EVO Time Changing?

BMBLEBE12-

Thank you for your post. I have spoken to a small amount of customers who have experienced this issue. The most important thing to do is make sure your software is properly updated. Users have reported a PRL update has fixed the issue. In addition you may set your time zone by accessing menu>settings>date&time and manually set the time. Do you live in an area where you cross time zones?

Chris

Journeyman

HTC EVO Time Changing?

Thanks for the reply Chris.

The PRL update has already been done twice. Thats what Customer Serivce walks me through when I call if the profile update dosen't work. It works in the short term and corrects it right away, but eventually it switches back.  I live no where near a time zone line area.  I may have to settle for the manual and just remember to change the clocks in the Spring and Fall.

Journeyman

HTC EVO Time Changing?

Mine will sometimes show Rio De janerio's weather! and im on So Cal! Can be annoying

Journeyman

HTC EVO Time Changing?

Oddly enough this happened to me for the first time Friday.  Somehow the setting in time had adjusted itself to show me as being in the central time zone so I just changed it back to eastern.

Re: HTC EVO Time Changing?

This is being investigated bu Sprint and HTC. What I would suggest you do to make sure this doesnt automatically change to a different coumtry is to uncheck the automatic update for under date and time. the way you go there is to go to menu from your home screen, settings, date and time, and uncheck the automatic and make sure you have the right time and right time zone.

Thanks,

Ray

Re: HTC EVO Time Changing?

Hello BMBLEBE12,

I see that the other Sprint Tech have replied with some great information but since you did indicate that not only is the time off but location is off as well I would possible recommended resetting your HTC sence.  Menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all> HTC sense> clear data.  I have found that this has worked in the past for resetting this type of behavior on the HTC EVO.  Now keep in mind that this will reset all of your scene preferences on the device. 

Thanks!

-Ron V

GrandMaster

HTC EVO Time Changing?

resets sense preferences as in?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat