cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 3D- ICS update- Facebook Push Notifications

Highlighted
Patron

HTC Evo 3D- ICS update- Facebook Push Notifications

I upgraded to Ice cream sandwich few hours ago. I noticed that most things are working fine but I am not getting any notifications from Facebook? Is anyone having this problem? I used to be able to get push notifications, but now I get nothing! I tried clearing data/cache and also tried reinstalling, but nothing worked. Please help

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: HTC Evo 3D- ICS update- Facebook Push Notifications

hsiaoandrew,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Facebook application since your ICS update on your Evo3D.  It sounds like an issue with the Facebook application itself.  With any Android application, it's always a good idea to report the issues to the developer.   

To do so:

1.  Open the application itself (In this case, Facebook)

2.  Tap on Menu

3.  Select About

4.  Please submit bug reports by clicking here (Tap on the word here)

5.  This should open up your web browser for the developer to allow you to submit feedback.

Are you have any other issues with your device since your update?

Hope this helps,

Fergie_B

Patron

There are no issues that are real big since the update but I will let you know if there are. I have two questions though. what happened to the power saving feature and  the text message count from each person?

Journeyman

I also have this problem, but I'm experiencing with all the push notifications (Twitter, facebook, foursquare), except for IM services like fb messenger and whatsapp. At the mid day of the first day I updated they work but by the end of the day the didn't work again, I have already check every app if I'm doing right and it seems good.

Journeyman

Today my push notifications has worked right, the only thing now is that the screen lock sound is too low, what can I do?

Wizard

hsiaoandrew,

I was wondering the same thing myself.  It appears as though the power saver features and the messaging count were disabled in the stock applications.  For the messaging count, I personally use Go SMS which is made by GoDev.  It's a free application that also allows you to customize the look of your messages as well.  It does show a messaging count.

Hope this helps,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Wizard

Tonatiuh,

Thank you for the update on your push notifications.  I'm glad that it's working.  In reference to your sound volume issues, you can edit your sound profile by going to Settings>Sound.  This will show you all of the customizable sound profiles that you can perform on your device.

Hope this helps,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat