cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 - Android 5.1 update rolling out

Wizard

HTC One M9 - Android 5.1 update rolling out

Just a quick note to let folks know our 5.1 update is on it's way to us now. Here is what they are saying is bundled in the update which appears to be all the big ticket items we've all been anxiously awaiting.

SJyUTAO.png

Thank you Jeff68005-5 for the screen shot!

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: HTC One M9 - Android 5.1 update rolling out

yeep..i got it last night but was to busy to post a ss of it lol.

he needs more stuff running up in his notifications area..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got the update. I feel like nothing improved. I am seeing my phone overheat even more than it did before. Everything is the same as it was before, just with Android 5.1.

The LTE problems and Camera crashes did get resolved but the battery life is weaker and the camera quality is still the same.

GrandMaster

do a cache wipe on the phone..if the LTE problems stabilized then it might still be something in there hung up a bit..usually heat issues are due to your network connections..either a low signal or it keeps trying to jump between 2 weakish signals..a cache wipe should fix that though..MROGRS issues have went away..dont remember him mentioning any heat issues though..so the wipe might fix it right up for you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I tired cleaning the cache, but when I get there, I get a warning sign and it restarts the phone straight to Android after trying to enter recovery mode.

GrandMaster

It's supposed to. Anytime the device is going to dump some data it'll give you that warning. I'll be doing the cache wipe he before too long. No issues really but as a semi flush and rinse lol

Wizard

Jon_H wrote:

I tired cleaning the cache, but when I get there, I get a warning sign and it restarts the phone straight to Android after trying to enter recovery mode.

Hard reset it to start off like a brand spanking new device. It will be the best course of action and then you can be sure you are 100% fresh and clean.

Wizard

Jon_H wrote:

Hey @Jon_H, how is the phone running now? Where you able to hard reset and get going from a clean start?

Anyone/Everyone else doing better with the updated software? 

Journeyman

Not yet.

I did call HTC and they asked to play around with it on Safe Mode. Didn't see as bad of problems with overheating, but wasn't sure how it did with battery life.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat