cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC vs. Samsung Galaxy III

Journeyman

HTC vs. Samsung Galaxy III

Ok I'm debating which phone to upgrade to. I need some advise or suggestions please!!  When comparing they are so similar I can't make up my mind. I currently have an HTC and have liked it...

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: HTC vs. Samsung Galaxy III

I've played around with both and I personally prefer the s3 over the EvoLTE.  Both are excellent phones though!  What drew me to the s3 was TouchWiz, I am not a big fan of HTC Sense.  I liked it when I had the Evo 3D, then I got the Epic Touch and TouchWiz won me over.  I don't think you can really go wrong with either phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Before shelling out the $$$ make sure your LTE is active in your area otherwise all you'll have is a 3G phone. I have the EVO 4G LTE in NYC with no LTE service but all in all a nice phone. My biggest issue like the iphone is you can't change the battery so if you use it often the best you'll do is about 6 hrs on a good charge. The Slll at least you can carry an extra battery or even purchase a good extended battery.You can google the phones and compare them. There a good things about the Slll and good things about the EVO. I'm awaiting my Slll should be here tomorrow. Good luck...

Master

If all your getting is 6hrs, you have something draining the battery. I use my phone all day long for work and home use and I still see over 24+ hours between charges. And I'm not alone. Those who don't use it as often are seeing even more between charges.

As for the LTE versus 3G, depends on your area. I'm in an area that has no LTE coverage but has really good 3G coverage and I typically average 1mb+ regularly.

As to which phone, all depends on whether you like TouchWiz or Sense. Both phones have very similar features and spec and are both very capable. I honestly cant say you would go wrong with either choice.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

Both phones have very similiar specs and pricing. As a personal preference, I prefer HTC's hardware over Samsung. Also, the Beats Audio did live up to the hype I was expecting.

Journeyman

I picked the htc.  You can't go wrong with either.  I preferred the metal body, IPS display and memory card expansion slot of the htc. Others may prefer the removable battery on the Samsung.

Sprint Employee

Had you ever considered the Motorola Photon Q? It's won me over because it has a slideout keyboard.

No longer working Community Response.
Wizard

You're right, you can't really go wrong with either of them. I hope you enjoy your new phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat