cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: HTC Evo 4G LTE vs Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone5

Master

Re: Help: HTC Evo 4G LTE vs Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone5

Never mind, I found one on Sprints site showing 2gb. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

HI,

I am having somewhat the same dilemma. I phone vs android after my phone got stolen, which brings me to the reason I do NOT want an I phone.  All of the info I have seen/heard says that you can't purchase a protection plan for the I phone that will cover the phone for lss/damage/theft. Does anyone have a definitive answer to this? I ask because I am notorious for dropping my phone and leaving it places for others to "find".  Thanks for your help if you know.

Journeyman

I was informed that the EVO uses 4g WiMax and the S3 uses LTE.  Sprint has been upgrading the LTE network however some areas are not fully functional at this time and that was why my EVO had better 4g service than my galaxy.  On Wi-Fi my S3 is much faster than my EVO.  At my office the S3 4G is much better than in my home at a rural area.

H

Journeyman

I have had a great experience with the Sprint Customer Service.  My phone was stolen in Jamaica and the TEP plan was a godsend.  I highly recommend that you add it if you don't have it.  My phone has been replaced within 24 hours and my deductible was $150.  Much better than paying $600 to replace the phone without TEP.  TEP plan is only $11/mo.

H

Master

As of today TEP is available for the iPhone, http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/plans/blog/2013/01/25/total-equipment-pr...

Gungad1n wrote:

HI,

I am having somewhat the same dilemma. I phone vs android after my phone got stolen, which brings me to the reason I do NOT want an I phone.  All of the info I have seen/heard says that you can't purchase a protection plan for the I phone that will cover the phone for lss/damage/theft. Does anyone have a definitive answer to this? I ask because I am notorious for dropping my phone and leaving it places for others to "find".  Thanks for your help if you know.

Master

DroidLitigator wrote:

I was informed that the EVO uses 4g WiMax and the S3 uses LTE.  Sprint has been upgrading the LTE network however some areas are not fully functional at this time and that was why my EVO had better 4g service than my galaxy.  On Wi-Fi my S3 is much faster than my EVO.  At my office the S3 4G is much better than in my home at a rural area.

H

The Original EVO is 4G WiMAX, the EVO LTE and Samsung Galaxy III are both 4G LTE.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

If I'm reading this right, only customers who bought the iPhone in the last 30 days can sign up for TEP, customers who have had the phone longer can not. Bummer there's not some way they can have the phone inspected to be qualified.

--

Master

Yep only within 30 days can it be added. Sprint normally has an "open enrollment" a couple times a year where you can add it on older devices.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah, sprint has changed a lot of it's policies since the last time I upgraded and when I had the GSIII they told me that - you only get 30 days to add insurance. For the iPhone it *may* be worth it IF you ended up having to replace your phone before what? maybe August when the next iPhone will likely come out? But after that, the insurance becomes a bust because the phone goes down so much in price that if you add the $11/month you've already paid, plus the $150 they're going to charge you to replace it (what's the point of insurance then??), you might end up spending more than you would have on jsut buying a new phone outright through eBay or even Best Buy, etc. Even insurance for 5 months already puts you at $205 to replace your broken phone and each month that price tag goes up by $11, so I think when it comes to phone insurance (which is such a racket anyway) you have to decide whether you're willing to gamble those few months between whatever version of phone you have (no matter Android or Apple) and when the next 'latest and greatest' model is going to come out and your phone drops in price to almost nothing.

At least though Sprint still gives us the option to cancel insurance at any time so I guess the best choice would be hedging your bets by buying insurance for a few months and then immediatley dropping it whenever the new models hit the market and it doesn't become cost effective to keep paying that extra $$ each month (when added to the $150 they are gonna charge to replace).

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat