ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: HTC Evo 4G LTE vs Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone5

Journeyman

Re: Help: HTC Evo 4G LTE vs Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone5

Also keep in mind how you intend to use your new device.  With the Apple/Google dispute of late, Apple's alternative to Google Maps doesn't seem to be too well received, if at all accurate.  Surely Apple will figure something out, but in the present the Samsung and HTC both have solid mapping applications...if that's important to you.  Personally I travel a lot and count on my phone (HTC EVO 4G LTE) as a GPS device as well as a phone, and it doesn't seem like the Maps app in the iPhone 5's iOS6 is quite reliable just yet. 

Journeyman

Nerd, sorry, I do not know how to email using the Sprint Community forums.

I played with the Galaxy S3 at a couple Sprint stores. I have also read various reviews and comments across the web about this model phone which consistently similar problems reported. I did try to chat with Samsung support, but they DENY there are any reported problems with the Galaxy S3.

I did read you and other GS3 owners had various issues with this phone including poor connectivity, phone heating up and poor battery life. Where ALL these problems ever completely resolved?

I would prefer an android phone. I have also looked at the Evo 4G LTE, but the reviews also complain about the similar problems. If both phone worked well, I would probably pick the GS3 over the EVo 4G LTE because it fits better in my hand, like many of its features and prefer the UI. However, I do like the music player, the display colors (warmer display), speaker and volume (louder) better on the EVO 4G LTE.

Then there is the iPhone known for being a reliable phone.

Ugh, this is why I need help!

Thanks for your help!

Journeyman

My IPHONE is on the UPS truck being delivered today.     I'll let you know my thoughts.    For the price, if I don't love it, it's going back and I'll get either the EVO or Samsung III.

I've been with Android from the beginning, coming off Palm OS and a brief stint with Windows Mobile.    My familiarity with Apple OS comes from having a first gen IPOD touch, and the last three IPAD versions.

Even though I have a lot invested in Android APPS, I don't care.    Want a solid operating system and an appropriate size phone.

More later!

Master

Currently, there are several headaches regarding the new LTE phones. The most notable are the signal or reception issues. In my opinion, this is due to the fact that the antennas aren't playing well with the existing network infrastructure. I believe this because a number of users who were having these problems, miraculously had no problems as soon as the LTE network went live in their location. Now, mind you, this isn't the case for everyone. Allot of users are having no issues at all. Just depends on the infrastructure in your location.

That aside, both phones are awesome, I have the LTEVO and have played with the SGIII a number of times and bother are very capable. Honestly, in my opinion, it all comes down to what interface you like better, Sense or TouchWiz. In the end, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

That's great news! I cannot wait to hear how you like it!

Journeyman

its not Android your the problem for not properly setting up your phone....android allows you to multitask where as apple doesnt..so your fastest way is to actually exit out of apps...there is no need for task killers all you need is a lil reading and patients

Journeyman

In my research, the only way to stop apps from running in the background is to uninstall the apps or to root the phone.   Neither option is acceptable.

Please describe how I can "exit out of apps".     Would appreciate the information.    Thanks.

Wizard

Oh dear. Please, if you don't use an iOS device don't try to tell people how it works.

Reading:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4211

http://www.macworld.com/article/1164616/how_ios_multitasking_really_works.html

Journeyman

• i am not going to go to a android site which more likely will have a biased explanation but like i said even though ios would like to call it multitasking cause you see a few apps wiggling on the bottom of your app drawer it doesn't multi task in the truest sense of the term now...android does a better job but blackberry does the best job atleast with android i can have my gps continously running while listening to music then have a call come in and play a game all at the same time i dare you to try it even on your pretty new iphone 5 .........you cant even get turn by turn mapping right....or even do simutanously on network talk and data with verizon nor sprint....just naming a couple.....look i am a techy i do prefer android mind you the high end phones only but i do want to see all the platforms succeed why cause it forces them all to improve who wouldve ever thought apple would have had pull down menus or a bigger screen even attempt multitasking its own mapping service even something as small as saying okay we will make phones for other providers....they did it not to help you who like apple cause regardless of what apple will sale a phone even if they changed the name and nothing else which essentially is what they basically do with those s series,but after being backed into a corner they are forced to improve but still playing catch up... extremetech.com has a nice explanation on multitasking.......http:// http://www.extremetech.com/computing/112013-how-multitasking-works-on-android-and-ios
Journeyman

both evo lte and samsung gs3 use the same processorstate side which is qualcomm s4 with that said not getting techy about it they have the lte directly on the processor so you get better battery life me who is online alot i get roughly 20hrs battery life my wife will get almost 2days and she is nortorious for not charging the phone but all she does is either read medical stuff and words with friends ....as far as other issues there has been updates that has addressed them....htc has always been good about updates and as of late samsung seem to be following suit...

Wizard

LARRYNJ461 wrote:

In my research, the only way to stop apps from running in the background is to uninstall the apps or to root the phone.   Neither option is acceptable.

Please describe how I can "exit out of apps".     Would appreciate the information.    Thanks.

There are different ways to exit an application.

Some can be done with Menu > Exit or Quit

For others use the Back, Back, Back button to get out.

The system is optimized to end the application and reclaim the resources

FYI: There are some processes running in the background the you don't need to worry about

Journeyman

I was just wondering if you received your iPhone 5 yet. If so, were you able to activate without any problems? Hope you received one with any damage or quality control issues!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat