cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Htc evo 4g dialer app deleted

Highlighted
Journeyman

Help!!! Htc evo 4g dialer app deleted

I screwed up my EVO 4G, somehow I deleted the factory dialer app and now I can't dial anyone by typing in #s, I did download a dialer app and fixed that problem but now I can't access the phones programming to activate it again on my account. It seems the dial apps in the market don't work for that I need the dialer that was built into the phone.

Anyone git any idea's?

In advance thank u to anyone who has a suggestion

Tags (5)
10 REPLIES 10
Wizard

Re: Help!!! Htc evo 4g dialer app deleted

BrooklynnDodgers,

Thanks for the post. This is correct, non-default dialers wont have the functionality to put in programming codes.

Unfortunately, since the factory dialer is a part of the core operating system the only way to get it back is going to be performing a full reset on the phone. By doing so your phone will reinstall itself and any un-backed up items will be lost.

The easiest way to reset is by going into Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset

Thank you,

Chris

Master

Does sound like a Factory Reset may be in order.

Before you do that, lets check some things, not sure if you have done these yet, if so, let us know the outcome,

First, uninstall any other Dialer apps you may have installedand restart your phone. Then, open the App Drawer (where all aps are stored) and see if the Phone app is located there. If so, click it and see what happens.

Goto the People app or your Contacts app and click a person to call, see if it launches that way.

Goto the following,

• Settings > Apps > All Apps

browse for Phone and if found do a Force Quit followed by Clear Data/Cache. Also, if there is a Clear Defaults button, press that as well.

Did you install a Launcher of some kind? If so, you may have to uninstall that and revert back to stock.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

actually if its the OEVO they may have just disabled it..might be able to jump right back in and re inable it...dont know of to many built in apps that can actually be deleted without being rooted

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

actually this would probably go for the LTEVO as well..i dont think you can actually fully delete a built in app can you?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Yeah, on the LTEVO you can disable it, but I wasn't sure if that option became avaialable on the OEVO. In either case you can't physically delete it unless your rooted.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

yah we picked up that ability before the LTEVO even came out. it came with the connections optimizer update.

the OEVO owners were the test dummies

GrandMaster

the OP should be able to go into settings-applications-all and depending on how they have it filtered (alphabetical or by size) it should still be there with "disabled" next to it..should fix it by un disabling it then power cycling the phone

Journeyman

Sorry guys/gals I forgot to mention the phone is rooted with SOS, I BOUGHT IT used and didn't realize the dialer was missing, and no its not disabled its been removed.

So can I do a factory reset with it being rooted? 

Thanks for all the help

Master

Doing a factory reset will only reinstall the ROM that was installed after rooting. If you wish to return to factory, you would need to find the appropriate RUU file for your phone, copy to the root location of your SD card and performe an install from SD card to return to stock. You can probably also do it via an EXE if you can find the correct one for your phone or an earlier one. after which the updates available can be applied OTA.

However, if you wish to continue using the ROM that is on the phone, you can do a factory reset and hopefully the dialer that is part of that ROM will come back.

--

Master

BTW, if you want to revert back to stock, you can get the EXE file at the following address. Simply Run the EXE file and connect the phone to the PC. It will perform the restore across the wire.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1243169

With a RUU file, you would need to rename it to PC36IMAG.ZIP and reboot using the Power Button and Volume Down button together. The following is the RUU file,

http://shipped-roms.com/download.php?model=Supersonic&file=RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.67.651.3_R...

Both the above are actually 1 update old, so after it's applied, you can perform an OTA to get the latest version. Fireguy can tell you how stable or unstable it is from personal experience. But if I recall, it's pretty solid.

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat