cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Switching Phones

Highlighted
Journeyman

Help With Switching Phones

So here's the deal, I have an Iphone 5 and am kinda disappointed. Its not really anything that special and I have grown tired with the 4 years ive been using iOS. I want to trade for a Note 2 with a person from craigslist, and I want to know the best way. In the store, online, or maybe over the phone? So yeah any help is appreaciated. Thanks!   

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Help With Switching Phones

Mitch4321,

Thanks for your Community post. I understand that you are wanting to swap phones and activate a device you are obtaining from Craigslist. Have you already check the ESN on the device you are trading to make sure it has a clean ESN. A clean ESN, if you are inquiring what that means, simply means confirming that the device has not be flagged as lost, stolen, or currently attached to someone’s account? After verifying the ESN number is clean, you may simply activate the device online by visiting www.sprint.com/activate. If you need any additional information regarding the device like user guides, or tutorials, you may obtain support by visiting www.sprint.com/support. The Note 2 is awesome device. I definitely think you will enjoy it. Keep me posted if you have any additional questions.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much for the info, but im wondering, if a phone is in a contract it has a bad esn?

Highlighted
Wizard

Mitch4321,

A service agreement is attached to the phone number not the actual phone itself. For example, you can swap a phone from 1 number to another number, at any time. Swapping a phone does not change the service agreement that is attached to said phone number. Let me know if this information answers your question. I apologize if this information causes more confusion.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat