cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i upgrade two of my devices to iphone 5

Journeyman

How can i upgrade two of my devices to iphone 5

I just got a iphone 4s, but i wanted the 5 but the sprint guy said i had to wait till the end of the 2 years contract so i got the 4s to wait till the end of the 2 years contract to end but my sister has a 4s 2 can we both upgrade when the 2 years contract end? If not, how can i upgrade to the iphone 5?

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How can i upgrade two of my devices to iphone 5

Chukyhaze-

Hello! Thanks for the post! Do you mind me asking when your last upgrade was? Also, you can always utilize our Buyback Program to help offset some of your cost by visiting www.sprint.com/buyback.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Regards,

William

Journeyman

I dont think my sister ever had a upgrade. shes going to upgrade to the iphone 5 in july. and can you explain how can buy back help me? Thank you!

Master

Buy Back is a rip off, they will make you buy the new phone full price and they will get the old phone from you for pennies in the dollar, for the 4s, they will give you close to $200 (I think $180), when you can sell it for much more on Craigslist or E-bay.

If you got the 4s within 2 weeks, go and return it, because the contract will start again on the date you purchased your iphone 4s, unless you bought it from another person, and not from Sprint using some sort of discount.

As far as your sister, if she never used the upgrades, or if the last phone she bought was more then 2 yrs before, she can upgrade anytime, without waiting the end of the contract. Contract are individual per line, and I don't think she can be holded in any way because your contract is not yet expired.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I dont have the iphone 4s i just made that up to see if i could get it like that. But i really want the iphone 5 is there a way i can get the 5 without having to pay the retail price?

Master

In here we try to help based in what you are telling, if you just make up stuff it wont help you, and we will just be wasting our time.

That said, you have to wait for the contract to expire or if you have more then 1 line in the account, and any of those has a discount available, then you can upgrade on them and switch it to your line. The other way will be to pay $300 to $400 for an iphone 5 from craigslist, keep in mind to check the ESN #.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

sorry for that. yesterday i went to sprint to see how could i add an iphone 5 to my sister contract and they said i had to buy it at retail price. i just want to know if i can get the iphone 4s then upgrade to the iphone 5. but my sister is going to upgrade her 4s in july is there a way we can both upgrade our 4s to the 5?

Master

ok, i would need some info, don't know if you want to share those, but... When does your and your sister's contract Finnish? When was the last time you or your sister upgraded the phones?

Also keep in mind, if you call costumer service and tell them you want to upgrade your phone and renew your contract, they can do it, I think up to 2 months before your contract expire.

Journeyman

the contract finish in july , she never upgraded the phone she is going to upgrade in july when the contract ends. what i dont want to do is get the iphone 4s today and then i dont know when im going to be able to upgrade my phone.

Master

if the contract finished in July 2012, she can upgrade now and still use the discount, if it will finish in July 2013, she can upgrade on May 2013 and use the discount. Again, until then, you might wait a little and get the iphone 5S, which is expected to come out this summer.

Journeyman

Ok, so you think i can get the 4s today and upgrade when the 5s come out even if my sister upgrades to the 5 in july 2013 when the contract ends?

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you get your 4s from eBay, Craigslist, your buddy down the street, yes, you can get the 4s now and when your contract is done, you can upgrade your phone to the iPhone 5 at the same time your sister gets hers, PROVIDED your contract is due at the same time.

It all really depends on when YOUR contract is up for renewal. We know hers is in July, but you never mentioned when yours is due to expire/renew.

An example would be my account. I have 5 lines. One just renewed, one is due in May, another in August and the last two are in October.

Depending on where my phone is in this list, I can work a new upgrade for me in anywhere and then pay it back when my time is actually due. IF however, I went out and bought the phone I wanted, I can activate it on my line at ANY time I want... no upgrade needed or used.

But it depends on when the actual contract that you want to upgrade is due.

Hope that helps a bit.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat