cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you upgrade your S2 to ICS?

Journeyman

Re: How did you upgrade your S2 to ICS?

It wasn't a choice, phone came up and said there was an adroid upgrade so I upgraded, had to tweak a few things like turn on 3g over and over, it finally stayed on.  Email now does not sync properly meaning when I read it on my phone it no longer marks read on my server end (work email) so I have to figure out what I already read and didn't address each day at work. Driving me insane!

Journeyman

Personally, I would not have upgraded to ICS. I would stick with GB. I'm calling Sprint in the AM, because battery life sucks. My phone last half a day now, and it's slower then a turtle. I'm going back to GB until they can work out the bugs in ICS on Galaxy Sii. Nice features, but not worth the headache. If you see the upgrade....don't upgrade.

Journeyman

So far so good.  Yesterday, with moderate use, I was on battery for about 14 hours with about 20% left over.  Thats as good as it was before if not better.  Still no major issues to report to this point but I think I'll know all I need to know within a weeks time.

Journeyman

JTMax, Just curious... you said that after the reset, the update was missing so you had to download it. Do you mean it was missing locally (on the ophone) and the option to download it was still showing up? Or did you have to download it from elsewhere?

Journeyman

Hey Todd, Yes, what I mean by that is before the Factory Reset if you go to System Updates on the phone I could see the update was available and i could simply click ok or agree or something like that to start the upgrade.  After the Reset it was no longer available.  So, I had to download it from the web to my micro SD card.

Hope this helps.

Journeyman

I hate the new update.  I didn't have a choice to decline, or I would have!  My phone is really slow now & the battery drains faster.  Is there a way to go back to the prior version? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, after working for some time on ICS I have to say I don't see most of the issues that have been reported by a lot of people on these forums.  I'm guessing this is most likely do to the way I upgraded the phone.  The two main things I did was a Factory Reset of the phone (backing everything up first) and letting the battery drain completely down and then fully charging it.  The shortened battery issue that most people complain about I haven't seen at all.  Its certainly no worse than it was before.  I haven't noticed any lag in the phone that wasn't there already on GB.  I haven't noticed any extra heat with the phone since the upgrade like I've heard reports of.  For the most part, it just seems to work for me and I'm enjoying the upgrade.

Hope it continues to run smooth for me but I can't really complain at this point.  Its all good!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat