Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer data from my Palm Pre to Galaxy S II?

Go to solution
Patron

How do I transfer data from my Palm Pre to Galaxy S II?

I have installed CompanionLink and have so far not been succesful at transferring contact, calender and memo information.  The problem seems to be with Palm Desktop 6.2. I remember seeing a reference to a website for this when I was activating my Samsung, but didn't think I'd need it & now I can't find it.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

You can export your contacts directly without any software by the following steps:

Open phone dialer on PRE or Pixi

•   Type ##66623#

•   Click on Export

•   This creates the export file (.vcf)….The more contacts you have the longer it takes

•   Connect your USB cable between Palm phone and computer when it prompts you to.

•   Click on the USB Drive on your pre to mount to computer

•   Once mounted on your computer, open windows explorer and the Palm PRE

•   Find the folder called temp and open it (if you don't find a temp folder, open folder options/view/and choose show hidden files/ then OK)

•   You will find a file called PmMigration (this is the vcf file)

•   Drag to your desktop.

•   Use this file to import your contacts into Gmail contacts online.

If you have the same Gmail address set up on your phone, the contacts will sync over the air automatically.

I hope this helps.

-John

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Employee

Which CompanionLink software, and version do you use? to migrate contacts to your new phone it would be best to use CompanionLink to get them into outlook, export from there, then import into Gmail account.

No longer working Community Response.
Master

You can export your contacts directly without any software by the following steps:

Open phone dialer on PRE or Pixi

•   Type ##66623#

•   Click on Export

•   This creates the export file (.vcf)….The more contacts you have the longer it takes

•   Connect your USB cable between Palm phone and computer when it prompts you to.

•   Click on the USB Drive on your pre to mount to computer

•   Once mounted on your computer, open windows explorer and the Palm PRE

•   Find the folder called temp and open it (if you don't find a temp folder, open folder options/view/and choose show hidden files/ then OK)

•   You will find a file called PmMigration (this is the vcf file)

•   Drag to your desktop.

•   Use this file to import your contacts into Gmail contacts online.

If you have the same Gmail address set up on your phone, the contacts will sync over the air automatically.

I hope this helps.

-John

View solution in original post

Patron

Can I transfer my calender & memo data in a similar manner?  CompanionLink 5 just isn't working. Thank you

Sprint Employee

I am not aware of another method of getting your calendar. CompanionLink's software is the only way I'm sure that you should be able to sync your contacts, and calendar to either outlook or directly to gmail. Do you have the paid, or free version of CompanionLink, and which version of CompanionLink do you have, there are near a dozen versions, and from what I believe they are not interchangeable. what happens when you try to use CompanionLink?

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat