cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5 or Galaxy S4 or HTC One?? Which Is The Best And Your Favorite?

Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone 5 or Galaxy S4 or HTC One?? Which Is The Best And Your Favorite?

Anyone Have Any Input Or Advice For Upgrading From HTC EVO 3D? Should I Wait It Out For The ONE or The S4 Or Go With The IPhone 5?  Should I Stick With Android? Should I Stick With HTC?

Any Input Would Be Greatly Appreciated

MY MISC INFO:

Current Device: EVO 3D

Last Device: EVO 4G(wimax)

PC: Windows 7

Tablet: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (wifi)

Favorite Features: MUSIC, ONLINE, SOCIAL, SPORTS, WEB, P2P, VIDEO, PHOTOS,IT Syncing And Other PC Tasks

24 REPLIES 24
Wizard

Re: IPhone 5 or Galaxy S4 or HTC One?? Which Is The Best And Your Favorite?

pep1006@yahoo.com,

That is an awesome question, but really it all comes to personal preference. My personal preference would be the GS4. Are you in need of a new phone right away, or can you wait? I would sit on it, do research and wait for all of them to come out. With them all being great phones, no matter what you choose I know you will be happy.

www.samsung.com/GalaxyS4

www.htc.com/HTCOne

www.apple.com/iphone

Thank you,

Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm having this same debate myself.  My wife and I both have had the EVO3D since the early release, so we can both upgrade together in June.  Overall we have been happy with our phones, our first Android devices, but are each on our second ones due to software glitches (phantom screen touches, constant resetting.)

I have an iPhone 4S for work and we have an iPad so I am familiar with what I will get as far as the iPhone goes.  I'm not impressed.  While there are some benefits when it comes to having a nearly-all Apple arsenal (other than my Windows 7 PC) I have a list of about 10 things that I just don't like about iOS after having used Android for 2 years.  If I get the iPhone it means I've given up on being an amateur "techie" and just want a device that I can't customize but at the same time "just works."  The greatest part of the iPhone seems to be the battery life.  I can go 3-4 days without a charge.

The HTC One is very intrigueing but the fact that it's like th iPhone in that you can't add memory or remove the battery may be enough to be a deal breaker.  That and I am not 100% sold on HTC after the past 2 years with my EVO.

The GS4 is the direction I am leaning.  I haven't met anyone who hasn't been thoroughly impressed with their GS3 and the GS4 just takes that to the next level.  The battery life is the most concerning but I am already used to having chargers in every car, at work and in 2 rooms at home this won't change anything for me.

GrandMaster

1-change your screen name away from a personal email account unless you want people from these forums sending you messages, spam etc..

2-if you currently have 4G wimax in your area i would double check to make sure you have the new Network Vision/LTE in your area now...if you dont then personally i would hold off until you know its either being deployed or is already well under way..the new phones can not use the old wimax 4G..so you would be dumped down to 3G only until the upgrades make it to your area

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have had a Moto Razor from a different carrier and I have had 2 Epic 4g's, still have one the wife uses and loves. I currently use the S3 and simply just love it. I have no desire to own an iphone. They have all seemed nice having played with those other family members use but i think the S3 has spoiled me. Im excited about getting the S4 the day it comes out, i will however take a look at the HTC never being sold until its in my pocket.

I also considered the Note II but it is a beast of a phone, just to big for my purposes.

GrandMaster

i have been a HTC fan for quite some time now..but seeing as how they are starting to be more and more like a iphone im about to jump over to sammy..i think the loss of the sd card slot was the deal breaker for me.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

On my opinion pep1006@yahoo.com, the S4 looks like it will be much better then HTC One, as far as the Iphone, it is not even close the league of the S4.

You will miss the HTC interface, I loved it (I had the same phones you did, Evo, 3D), but when I switched to the Note2, it took me a little to get used to it, but it's not as bad.

As far as the phones, with the features that S4 will have, it will be a better use for you, based on what you like, and very cool tricks.

If I had a choice I would go for S4!!!!!!! I'm sure you will not regret it.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

No SD card to jockey music back and forth is also a deal breaker for me.  Sorry HTC we have been lovers for so long but you have changed...looking forward to the Sprint Announcement on the availablilty of the Sammy S4.

Journeyman

LG Optmius G kicks all their asses. 

Journeyman

pep1006@yahoo.com wrote:

Anyone Have Any Input Or Advice For Upgrading From HTC EVO 3D? Should I Wait It Out For The ONE or The S4 Or Go With The IPhone 5?  Should I Stick With Android? Should I Stick With HTC?

Any Input Would Be Greatly Appreciated

MY MISC INFO:

Current Device: EVO 3D

Last Device: EVO 4G(wimax)

PC: Windows 7

Tablet: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (wifi)

Favorite Features: MUSIC, ONLINE, SOCIAL, SPORTS, WEB, P2P, VIDEO, PHOTOS,IT Syncing And Other PC Tasks

The SGS4 but with a custom ROM. Wait until the guys from Cyanogen will develop the custom ROM for this phone.

By the way, one of the guys in the group was actually part in Samsung's software development team...

So, Get the SGS4, and customize it. Stock is ok, but unleash that octo-core !

GrandMaster

very much agreed..i have 15 movies on my sd card for those areas that data speeds will not allow me to watch netflix..im not about to dump all those movies onto a phone so i will need to use the cloud to pull them back out...doesnt work that great once again in areas that is lacking in data speeds..

BertCwell wrote:

No SD card to jockey music back and forth is also a deal breaker for me.  Sorry HTC we have been lovers for so long but you have changed...looking forward to the Sprint Announcement on the availablilty of the Sammy S4.

Journeyman

I have the iPhone 5 and dislike it greatly.

Sprint has been upgrading the towers in my area so the phone gets better service. Thing is, the phone itself is so buggy. I went with apple because I thought the OS was more stable, I was wrong.

The software and hardware constantly conflict, leaving the phone to make the sounds staticy. It can lag sometimes as well. The firmware, after three weeks or so went completely corrupt and I had to reinstall it.

I had to restore the phone twice, in less than a week. It's still having those issues. I also find siri crashing on a regular basis.

I'm going to switch to the s4 when it comes to Sprint.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat