cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5 or Galaxy S4 or HTC One?? Which Is The Best And Your Favorite?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: IPhone 5 or Galaxy S4 or HTC One?? Which Is The Best And Your Favorite?

I am having the same issue.  Now you can pre-order both which is a great sellig tactic.  I'm going to wait and test the phones out at the store to see which one I like better.  I haven't upgraded since the original EVO.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the EVO 3 D , just payed for HTC ONE.  he reviews I have have one and s4  tied for performance. So it all depends on your personal needs. I don't store that much on my phone so no sd is ok with me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

for me its the s4 but the only reason i say that is because im the kind of guy that likes the features in the s4 sure most of the features are gimmicky but without gimmicks phones wouldnt be that fun i mean sure the htc one may look better but what s4 lacks in hardware makes up for it in software same thing about htc what they lack in software they make up for in hardware

Highlighted
GrandMaster

hit up www.s4gru.com. they have a break down of the S4 over there..from what they are saying the reception isnt going to be the greatest..well at least less than than their previous S3 and the LTEVO

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah thanks for telling me what im going to do is let the first batch of people get their hands the sprint variant and see how it goes from their if its good then i'll get it if its bad probably go with htc apple or wait until google make their next nexus device

Highlighted
GrandMaster

thats just how i personally do it when it comes to these phones..hold out for a month and any quirks or issues should show by then...keep tabs on the forum designed for that particular phone and whalla..front row seats lol...i then make my decision..

for the record i still have the original evo...nothing to date has impressed me enough to start up a new contract lol..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll go for whichever one has an FM tuner that works as well as the one in my origial EVO 4G.

(Before anyone recommends TuneIn app as an alternative, try streaming 90.1 WABE, and go for a walk under marginal signala conditions.   A 40 second "sponsored by" sequence plays every time connection is restored.   It gets extremely annoying after you have to wait through it 20+ times.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Personally, I have had it with the Android phones! I started my contract with Sprint almost two years ago. I started off with the LG Optimus S with the froyo O.S. and shortly after getting the Gingerbread upgrade the phone was a disaster. Once it was clear Sprint wasn't going to do anything with the problems I moved to the Galaxy S2, and once again that phone was upgraded ( or shall I say downgraded) to the ICS O.S. and rendered it a pile of crap. I had 2-3 refurbished S2 phones sent to me with all the same problems. Finally on Thanksgiving I was allowed to pick a phone comparable to the S2 and was given the choice between the HTC EVO 3D or the Motorola Photon 4G. I did the research on the two phones and found that the Photon 4G would not be getting any of those lame upgrades and picked that phone as my replacement until my contract runs out. Well when I receieved my refurbished photon 4G I noticed it had a problem right away with turning itself off when listening to Pandora or the Sprint music app. I tolerated it becasue I was mentally beat up with that S2 nightmare, until just recently where the Photon started gettign worse. Just yesterday I was at the Sprint repair center and found out I will be getting another refurbished Photon 4G. The insurance sent me a bad phone in the first place and now I wonder if I will get another problem phone that was never fixed in the frist place after it was returned. When my cpntract runs out I am leaving Sprint and getting an Iphone on Verizons network. As it was stated earlier just go to the different carriers and read what is going on in the community forums and you will see just how many problems are reported on the old and newer Android phones. Just give me a phone that works when I want it to do something. Can't wait to get that Iphone!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

You do realize that if other carriers have the new phones people want at lower prices with speeds people want, they will switch carriers.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you know..i NEVER could get that thing to work right lol..must have been the head set i was using or whatever..tried it multiple times and just gave up on it..

fsxdfsfs wrote:

I'll go for whichever one has an FM tuner that works as well as the one in my origial EVO 4G.

(Before anyone recommends TuneIn app as an alternative, try streaming 90.1 WABE, and go for a walk under marginal signala conditions.   A 40 second "sponsored by" sequence plays every time connection is restored.   It gets extremely annoying after you have to wait through it 20+ times.)

Highlighted
Master

srala1, I'm sorry to say this, but you were using 2 of the worst sprint phones, especially the S2. I strongly believe that if you decide to go with the S4 it will be way better the the S2 you had or any phone yo previously used for that...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

My first impressions of the iPhone 5 are not good.  My wife needed to replace her EVO 3D as the microphone was no longer working and therefore it no longer worked as a phone.  Both our lines are eligible for an upgrade but my EVO is in good shape so we decided to just replace hers.  Based on the fact that she isn't as technically inclined as me and that she has been using an iPad at home for 2 years I figured the iPhone would be a good fit for her.  The iTunes/iCloud connectivity and supposedly great battery life were the major selling points.  Things are not always as advertised.  The battery life is no different than her EVO 3D.  Normal usage (text, email, internet) on Saturday had her below 25% before dinnertime and looking for her charger.  On Sunday she went for a 45 minute run and streamed Pandora as she normally does.  Following the run the battery was below 60% and the phone was SCREAMING hot, and it waws only 11:30am.  Finally, the auto-type is NOTHING loike what we are used to on Android where it suggests multiple words similar to what you are typing.  She is going to give it a try the rest of this week but it's not looking good.  an HTC One of GS4 are probably in her future.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat