Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice sandwich for evo 4g

Journeyman

Ice sandwich for evo 4g

When will we get that update??????????

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

The EVO 4G will never recieve Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

Master

Unfortunately, this is very true. Sprint/HTC opted to not upgrade this phone to ICS.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

i believe the oldest evo phone to get the ics update is the 3d.

GrandMaster

correct...one of the main reasons the EVO 4G wont get ICS is internal memory...it just doesnt have enough room along with everything else in there..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The original Evo 4g should have gotten the ics update too! There are a lot of us still out there with the Evo 4g. Does not make any sense since Sprint is refurbishing the old Evo's to use.

GrandMaster

hard to push for ICS on the OEVO when it was EOL'd quite a while ago.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The hardware simply doesn't provide a stable environment for 4.0 to work.

Master

fireguy_6364 wrote:

correct...one of the main reasons the EVO 4G wont get ICS is internal memory...it just doesnt have enough room along with everything else in there..

Which is why the Thunderbolt got it and the OEVO didn't. If the OEVO had the same internal memory as the Thunderbolt, there would have been a stronger possibility of it happeneing.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Watts_ wrote:

The hardware simply doesn't provide a stable environment for 4.0 to work.

It's not the hardware specifically, it's the internal memory. The OEVO just doesn't have enough. The Thunderbolt is virtually the same phone, but has more ROM and RAM compared to the OEVO, 8gb/768mb versus 1gb/512mb. Other then internal memory, the Thunderbolt has a slightly newer chipset then the OEVO, but that's ,mainly due to the LTE properties of the phone that the OEVO didn't have or require at the time.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3427&idPhone2=3703

--

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat