cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to do the early upgrade program without participating in the buy back program?

Journeyman

Is there anyway to do the early upgrade program without participating in the buy back program?

Hi

I have a blackberry bold 9930 and am looking to make the switch to an iphone.  I have until June 2013 until I am upgrade eligible.  I would be interested in doing the early upgrade program to get into an iphone, but I want to keep my blackberry as a spare backup and not trade it in.  I have been told different things regarding the early upgrade program and having to turn my existing phone in.  I have heard from in store reps that I have to trade in my phone, I have heard through sprint chat that I didn't have to trade in my phone.  Does anyone have any experience with this or have an ability to provide a definative answer?

Thanks,

Andrew

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Is there anyway to do the early upgrade program without participating in the buy back program?

Andrew,

I'm gonna send you a private message. Standby!

Thanks,

William D.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Re: Is there anyway to do the early upgrade program without participating in the buy back program?

Anybody else?

Andrew,

Let me know if you need any further help!

-William

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a iphone4 8gb. My contract is up in Nov 2013. I have a SERO 500 plan. Thanks for your help

Wizard

Certain accounts are eligible for what we call an Upgrade Now program. I can check your account to see if you qualify.

Journeyman

Hi, I also have the same question. I have an "upgrade now" option, I am willing to pay the upgrade now fee, but I don't want to trade my existing phone in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Journeyman

please help me..I have 6 lines and was affected by sandy in which my sons phone was damaged..Hes eligible for upgrade in june but i cant wait til june. Xmas is around corner as well and was praying to et help in his upgrade cuz that'll be his gift since now i cant afford nothing. Im taking any hand me downs. PLEASE i really want to get him the iphone 4 or 4s refurbished cuz its $50..I have been a loyal customers for YEARS..And NOW I really need all help i can get. I have my kids sleeping seperate cuz lost everything and I NEED KEEP IN CONTACT WITH HIM..CAN U HELP ME PLZEEE??

Wizard

We do offer an Upgrade Now program, to see if you qualify, please send me your phone number and account pin number/

Journeyman

Plan doesn't expire until 3/1/13, what are the requirements for having this "special account" that will allow you to participate in the "Upgrade now" program?

Sprint Employee

Hello clewia, there isn't a set formula that I can say will qualify users for an early upgrade, but I am glad to look over your account if you will send me a private message. Thank you, Chris.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I was wondering about this also I have the htc evo 3d very unhappy with it :-(

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat