cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean update freezes my Navigation and Voice mail. EVO 4G LTE

Journeyman

Jelly Bean update freezes my Navigation and Voice mail. EVO 4G LTE

I got the Jelly Bean update and my Google Navigation freezes after less than a minute of using it. How can i fix it?

EVO 4G LTE

14 REPLIES 14
Wizard

Re: Jelly Bean update freezes my Navigation and Voice mail. EVO 4G LTE

Hi o0adan0o, thanks for reaching out to us.

Try clearing the cache and force stopping the application:

• Settings
  • Apps
  • Touch 'All' on the bottom right of the Apps screen
  • Find and select Google Navigation
  • Scroll down, find and select 'Clear cache'
  • Scroll back up, select 'Force stop'
  • Turn your phone off and back on
  • Retry the application

Let us know if the above helps. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Ok i figured it out. I have to reset my GPS

In the dialer, type ##4772579#  it will ask you for a password. Enter your phones MSL (chat/call Sprint and ask for your phones MSL number)

Once you do that the phone will reset GPS and restart.

Thats it! Mine is working perfectly now.

EDIT:

NEVERMIND ITS STILL BROKE!

Journeyman

Ill try your suggestion above as well in case i get problems. Thanks!

Wizard

Thanks for responding, o0adan0o.

We greatly appreciate any helpful information from any of our customers.

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I tired thw ##4772579# and got my MSL from Sprint, but Navigation still stopped working for me. Any ideas?

Journeyman

Yeah i thought it worked.. but my Navigation started freezing again. I did what the rep. said as well and still no dice. My last resort is a hard reset.

Journeyman

I tested several recommendation over the last few days along here and other forums… none of them worked. Nothing posted so far works.

Been trying to correct this for 5 days including two calls into Sprint, a hard reset and reimage, uninstalling and reinstalling maps, etc...

The "freeze" happens at inconsistent times, 10 second, 5 minutes, etc... and this is a Google Maps issue...or conflict with Google Maps.

Next stop is a repair center to swap the phone and try it again.

FYI when I called Sprint not one other ticket had been reported so those of you experiencing issues, please call it in and bring some attention to this. But do not hard reset / factory reset the phone... a lot of aggravation that does NOT fix the problem.

Journeyman

This whole Jellybean update is terrible!  Aside from Google Navigation freezing, my battery life is DRAMATICALLY worse than it was prior to the update.  I used to get 20 hours out of a single charge... now I cant even get 8 and my usage is less than it was.  The whole "power saver" I believe is sucking more power than saving... the Android IOS is what is depleting my battery.. I have screen shots to prove it.

Journeyman

i just made a 20 minute trip in a car with the same phone.  1 updated one not.  the phone that was uspdated closed.  The phonbe that did not was perfect.  So this is definitly a software issue for google and evo.    i too have noticed a significant increas in battery consumption but I am hoping that that is because of the amount of time that has been spent on a gps and internet playing around with it.

i have tried many alternatives as a gps and the only descent one is the TeleNav.  Waze is OK but I tried answering a call while driving and she navigated over the phone call.

Journeyman

For all the people that are complaing to sprint, you all understand that sprint is a carrier of the phone.  Your real issues are with HTC the phone provider and the apps maker in this case google

Here are some steps I found that may help:

1. Open the Notifications panel, and then touch > Apps.
  2. Touch the Downloaded, On phone storage, Running, or All tab, and then touch the application whose cache or data you want to delete.
  3. In the App info screen, touch Clear data or Clear cache.

If that doesn't help, you may need to wipe your phone to get a clean Jelly bean install:

1. Tap Home > Apps icon (located in Favorites tray) > Settings.
  2. Scroll up and tap Storage.
  3. Scroll up and tap Factory Data Reset
  4. Tap Erase all Data.
    • The phone will power down and reset itself, then turn back on automatically.
  5. On the Welcome screen, tap Start.
    • On Hands Free Activation screen, the phone will contact the network and automatically provision/activate.
  6. When Congratulations! Device has been activated appears, tap OK.
    • On Checking for PRL update screen, the phone will check for and update the PRL.
  7. On The PRL has been upgraded screen, tap OK.

If the hard reset does not work, have one of our techs take a look at it. Find your nearest repair center by going to sprintstorelocator.com.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

SLARSON3 wrote:

This whole Jellybean update is terrible!  Aside from Google Navigation freezing, my battery life is DRAMATICALLY worse than it was prior to the update.  I used to get 20 hours out of a single charge... now I cant even get 8 and my usage is less than it was.  The whole "power saver" I believe is sucking more power than saving... the Android IOS is what is depleting my battery.. I have screen shots to prove it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat