cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just because you have LTE doesn't mean its faster than dial up!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just because you have LTE doesn't mean its faster than dial up!!!!

Not sure what to think right but I'm not happy with Sprint Networks!

I went from a decent working EVO 4G to a very sad iPhone 5. When I'm talking non working I mean DATA.

The phone does what a phone needs to. I don't have problems with calls or text messages but if I wanted a phone for only talking and texting I would have a purchased something a lot less. I'm paying a pretty penny for something that is not delivering what it was created for.

I understand Sprint is updating its networks but how long will this painful process take? I'm in a supposed LTE area which is downtown Houston Texas. My phone even says its receiving LTE as you can see in the screen shot. You can also see the PATHETIC speed test!!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!.

I try to listen to music from Spotify and podcasts from the internet. Let me tell you, unless you like to hear your music interrupted by countless buffering then you probably shouldn't do this from your so called SMARTPHONE!!! Its impossible to listen to a podcast from the net as it never downloads. Seriously, who can download a 27 mb file in 8 hours @ 0.15 mps???

I have an amazing phone with an extemely lame 3g and 4g network. No wonder Sprint offers unlimited data usage, its impossible to DOWNLOAD any data!!!

I really hope things get better because this is going to be a long two years. photo1.PNGphoto2.PNG

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

Re: Just because you have LTE doesn't mean its faster than dial up!!!!

mcantu177846,

I'm an avid user of Spotify as well, so I know where you're coming from. Sprint has officially announced 4G LTE service in Houston, so hopefully I can help. What's your zip code? Be sure to clear your browser history, cache and cookies (if you need steps on how to do so, just ask). Also, make sure that your software version and SSV is updated. After you provide me with your zip code and I don't see any obvious issues with the towers in your area, I'll have to take you offline to go deeper into troubleshooting.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

My zip is 77002.

Highlighted

mcantu177846,

Ok this area is pretty widespread. Do you mind providing me with major cross streets?

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes it is.

Try this address:

1500 Louisiana St. 77002

Highlighted
GrandMaster

might want to re word your title..LTE is MUCH faster than dial up...your currently talking about your 3G speeds which is a bit different.

the slowest speedtest i have seen for LTE was 3mbps and that was still durring its test phase in an area..the highest i have seen to date was 39mbps..dial up couldnt dream of that lowest speed if it tried lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Fireguy, perhaps I should have titled it more clearly, LTE SUCKS - PROOF IN THE SCREEN SHOTS!!!!. Yes, I clearly know the differences between dial up, 3g and 4g. If you look at my screen shots that I provided you will see that my iPhone is clearly receiving 3 bars with an LTE signal. The speed test shows how pathetic the download/upload speeds are.

I will try and be more clear on my next post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, not sure what's going on here. There were some replies from Yahkie_W and now they are gone.

In response to his last question, yes, I have tried with 3g only and LTE turned off. Not so good. Just took the speed test below.

photo.PNG

Highlighted
GrandMaster

then for the record your LTE speed test is now the slowest to date test i have seen lol. im wondering if theyre currently doing testing on whichever tower youre connecting too..if the signal is there...then not...then back again thats usually an indicator that theyre testing and then shutting it back down to re adjust again...least thats how its been since they have been doing the NV upgrades all over.

also noted that your bars are not showing your data reception..its showing your voice reception..which is why you can be showing full bars and have shoddy data speeds.3G or 4G...there is a iphone reception reset you can punch into your phone..its ## and a combo of numbers after that..then retry it again..i just spotted it again in another thread and now cant remember where i spotted it at lol. one of the techs in here can give it to you though..write it down for future use

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i think its ##update#

i'll see if i can locate it

Highlighted
GrandMaster

(##873283#)

same as

(##update#)

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Fireguy, thanks for you help. It is greatly appreciated.

I have already applied the update, flashing of the phone and reactivating. I've done it all. Reception was horrible yesterday.

Today, I'm at least able to use my Talk Stream Live app without much buffering. Spotify is out of the question. That is still impossible to listen to.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat