cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keyboard problems

I have had my HTC EVO 4G shift for a little over one year. Two days ago, I began having problems with the keyboard. Whenever I hit the letters "s," "g," or "b," it jumps to a different screen on the phone. This happens when I am trying to write or reply to text messages, enter items in the calendar, or compose or respond to emails. No problems with the touch screen.

I will probably take it into my local Sprint store for help this week, but was hoping there might be a quick fix.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Keyboard problems

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your keyboard. Since your touchscreen keyboard works just fine, it seems that it may be hardware related with the physical QWERTY keyboard. You can attempt a battery pull/soft reset to attempt to resolve the problem. If that does not work, swinging it by a service center will be the next best option. Please let us know how it goes.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat