Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Mach Windows XP USB file transfer MTP

Journeyman

LG Mach Windows XP USB file transfer MTP

ok so i made my decision and chose the lg mach....any help getting an MTP transfer with Windows XP? i tried downloading a driver, plugged in my phone with the usb cable, then it acted like it was installing and i had 2 restart my computer, but when it came back up nothing happend....any help would be greatly apreciated... (note: i have a windows 7 laptop,and it works fine on there, i'm just trying to get this done on my xp desktop)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

Re: LG Mach Windows XP USB file transfer MTP

Most likely is a compatibility issue with the Xp. Just think windows 7 and 8 are almost totally different from Xp, and most of the software's now days are made to be compatible to the newest OS, and 2-3 old versions. Imagine how huge the software would be if it had to be compatible with all the versions of Windows, apple, or Linux...

I'm not very familiar to the LG Mach, but does it have a setting for the SD card to be connected as a storage device? I know HTC had that capability, but samsung doesn't, and not sure if LG does.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat