cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE keeps disconnecting even with good reception

Journeyman

LTE keeps disconnecting even with good reception

Hi I am having difficulties staying connected to LTE even though my reception is fine.  It only connects for about 1-4 minutes before it switches to 3G.  While it is switching there is no data on the device.  Its pretty frustrating because it does this often.  I am on the Sprint Unlimited plan however it feels very limited to me.  My phone is a Pixel XL and I am located in 91016

Also, I've reset PRL and Device Config many times and have gone to a Sprint store.  Honestly they really didn't even try to help.  They just said they don't know what to do and turned me away.  So I'm hoping someone here will be able to assist me.  Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care

Re: LTE keeps disconnecting even with good reception

benoldenburgdk,

Hey! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to take a look into the area where you are experiencing this issue with the service. Please provide me the nearest cross streets for a more accurate information. Since when this has been occurring? Are you having the issue in multiple locations?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I didn't notice it at first but it has been happening for at least 4-5 months. I'm not sure if it happens everywhere because I set it to only 3G to get a more stable connection.

Spoiler
My cross streets are Foothill blvd. and Violet ave. in Monrovia, CA
GrandMaster

are there any other Sprint phones around you? and if so are they showing the same problem or just yours?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hey benoldenburgdk, after reviewing your coverage area, I see that everything is working properly. I'd like to continue to assist you in a Private thread, I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat