cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Island 4G LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Long Island 4G LTE

By any chance, does anyone at Sprint know when the expected arrival of 4G LTE on Long Island will be?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizard

andrew9201 -

That is an excellent question. Unfortunately, we do not have a date for Long Island at this time. We are still expanding and will announce new 4G LTE locations on newsroom.sprint.com. Bare with us.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

One would think that they would expand 4G LTE coverage in a populous area such as NYC as fast as possible, but I've been waiting a few years and nothing but promises so far. I have this awesome Evo 4g LTE phone thats limited by the sometimes really slow 3G service and at this point, I don't care about unlimited data anymore. What's the point of having unlimited data when the service is slow, sometimes even no service?. Once the GS4 comes out, I'm jumping ship to Verizon if Sprint 4G LTE isn't in NYC by then

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is puzzling is the fact that Sprint put 4G service in Rochester NY which has a population of 210, 000. Long Island a.k.a. Nassau and Suffolk counties has a population of 3, 000, 000 and is one of the highest populated places per square mile.. and yet no 4G for Sprint customers. If you have Verizon or AT&T you have had it for over a year now. Does Sprint have a good reply to this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just to clarify, reviewing the current network map of Long Island and I can see that we already started to prep our network for LTE roll out and other network upgrades. It should not be to long before they start. We have already started in all 5 burroughs of New York, so bare with us.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Bare" with us?

Seems that literacy (sp "bear") is still dropping at Sprint, however it does ring true, as once again Sprint is leaving Long Islanders out in the COLD when it comes to fulfilling system upgrade promises.

B.

Highlighted
Journeyman

- Extremacinema That is not true, we are woking on upgrading that area. It is not just a matter of adding antenna's to current towers. As we will bring enhanced 3g and voice we are completely replacing towers. This is not done overnight, I hope you can understand.

To give you a little idea of what we are doing with our Network Vision project. It will not make the process faster, but hopefully it wil create a little bit more understanding of the magnitude of this project:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/press_kits.cfm?presskit_id=19

- Mark

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats what they said when WiMax was out..2-3 years ago? Never received it. NYC will probably get LTE, but I really doubt Long Island will be getting LTE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

-hernandevilla1 They are replacing towers as we speak. The case with WIMAX is totally different. We choose for WIMAX at first as this was the best way to bring 4G speeds to our customers before anyone else. LTE became the standard so we stopped rolling out WIMAX and made a restart with LTE. Next to adding LTE we are also completely upgrading our network as whole. Towers, switches and backbone are all getting replaced, as you can read in the newsroom article. If you have an LTE device you are already able to pick up some LTE signal in the New York Market including. Coverage is still spottuy, as they are far from done, but it should improve fast when more towers are switched.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat