cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help choosing a new phone!

Journeyman

Looking for help choosing a new phone!

Hi all,

First post here.   Long time Sprint customer, just found these forums and I was hoping the experts here could help me sort through some of the plan/phone options to help choose a phone for my wife. 

She is really looking for a phone that doubles as a planner.  I know that a Blackberry seems like a logical choice, but she doesn't really need any of the "extra" stuff that comes with a smartphone.   She doesn't need to surf the internet, check email, GPS, etc.   Basically, if you could go back 10 years to the original "Palm Pilot" type device and put a phone on it, that's what she needs.  Just a phone with a calender feature.

I guess the reason for the confusion is that she does not want to pay for an Everything Data plan.   Are there any phones that would meet this need that would not require the Everything Data plan?   If she had to, I think she would be willing to pay for the $15 data pack.   What are her options?

I apologize if this topic has been addressed before, but I'd appreciate any advice anyone had.

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Looking for help choosing a new phone!

I understand your frustration in looking for a phone. My Dad has the Motorazr VE20 with just cell mins on it, the 450 plan. He lives by the calendar on this phone and likes how it works and the features of the calendar itself. He can mark an event as a one time event, weekly event, monthly event, yearly event... It is also capable of doing everything that the Simply Everything Plan offers. Most phones have a calendar, so it's a matter of preference to what phone she wants... On the Sprint website, when looking at phones, you can view the user's guide for each phone (click on a phone, in the pop up window, click on guides and tutorials). I have a BlackBerry, and I love it, but the Simply Everything Plan has to be on it. I hope this helps some.

Journeyman

Here's a link http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?audience=INDIVIDUAL&langua... that takes you to a Sprint.com page listing all the devices. You can view and compare the features across all the various phones, and what other customers have rated each device along with their comments.  Hope this helps a little. I love my Lotus, and currently on the general 450 anytime minute plan.

Journeyman

One more little tid bit: if your wife just wants cell mins and nothing else, then whatever plan you decide on, have texting, mms, browser, etc all blocked. An accidental push of a button can connect to the internet; texts will still come thru and there is a charge for each one that is looked at. We had "Block Java Instant Messaging"  and "CDMA SOC 2 way SMS Blocking" because what we thought was blocked wasn't, there's different levels.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat