cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.

17 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Lost my Iphone - Sprint wont do anything for me.

I didn't know its sprint's responsibility to keep your phone not lost. Sprint offers a few ways you can prevent that. TEP for iphones, the sprint TEP tool which locates your phone and also you have "find my iphone" from apple.

Journeyman

THis is ridiculous, you lost your phone, not Sprint. Sprint offers TEP for all of its phone, APPLE made the choice to use their own insurance, not Sprint. APPLE doesnt cover lost or stolen.You sound very entitled. And as a matter of fact sprint can now offer tep for Iphones.

Wizard

For new iphone owners: Sprint TEP just became available about a week ago so you can officially be covered on lost/stolen now.

Journeyman

Sadly, i have lost my iphone too and Find my iPhone doesn't work if the phone is dead. Which mine is.

Master

Smotrs you are correct we can only sell the Applecare Plus protection plan form apple on the Iphone.  We would like to be able to Sell the Asurion product for Lost or stolen devices.  At this point it is only available from third party venders.   Tracking of a lost phone is aavailabale if you have the Find me activated on the Iphone. 
This  tracking has to be done from your computer not by Sprint.

Wizard

Correct, smotrs, although the reasoning and the details are a mystery. I can imagine there was some concern about the customer becoming confused if presented with a choice of insurance. More likely, Apple didn't want anything competing with its own insurance. But that's all just speculation. The real lesson is that a wise consumer will pay attention to what's offered, and make informed decisions. AppleCare doesn't cover loss or theft, and they put that fact in plain sight. Don't like it? Don't buy it! Get something else. Pro tip: go to google.com, and type in "cell phone insurance".

GrandMaster

maybe this incident will justify a move towards a android phone next time? especially since its covered..you still have to pay the 100-150 bucks..but compared to buying a phone outright i dont see the issue with it

Master

So if I'm reading this right. Apple only allowed Sprint to provide Apple Care, not TEP like with other phones? I'm assuming this was a contract term for Sprint to be able to sell/offer the phone?

Journeyman

This is very sad and i don't understand why there is no insurence for the phone i am paying over $200 a month for crapy service. And so called LTE yeah another

bs. It was fast for few days now it almost like dial up. Service stuck in NYC (Manhattan). I read on line the LTE won't be in until March. Which we all know they won't happen in march. They are justing taking our money. I should never moved to sprint.

Wizard

Sprint isn't going to get rich selling you a phone at retail. They make money on the service, not the device. If you have Apple insurance, and Apple's insurance doesn't cover your loss, you should rephrase your comment to "Apple sucks", since Sprint didn't do you wrong. You're not entitled to a gratis replacement. Cinch up your britches and move on.