cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY IPHONE5 HAS BEEN HACKED! HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ANYONE

Highlighted

MY IPHONE5 HAS BEEN HACKED! HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ANYONE

Hi, Ive been a sprint customer for about 8 years, as long as Ive been the legal age to get my own cell Sprints pretty much been the only company Ive been with. No major issues, well my Android was hacked someone was recieving my texts, call logs, everything sent to their email. So I bought an Iphone5 changed my number twice and this person still has access!! No one seems to have the knowledge to help me.. i dont know what to do besides cancel my service and start over with someone else. Can anyone help me here????? Has anyone ever even heard of anything like this happening????

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: MY IPHONE5 HAS BEEN HACKED! HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ANYONE

same here been with sprint for three years... i dont understand how this person keeps accessing my account ...i think im gonna close my account too... do you know how that attach device works? have you heard of it?

Master

Easiest ways the phone can be hacked is if they had access to the phone at some point, or you installed something on the phone. If they are getting access through your phone, then I would look at what you have installed and where it came from.

Accessing your account would probably require personal information of some sort. If this is happeneing and whomever you are using, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon can verify it, you probably need to get a hold of the law. Especially if they have already tried things like changing numbers, accounts, etc..

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

Are they getting into your phone or your acct through customer service?? and no I havent heard of an "attach device" whats that?

Wizard

Hello GreatShopper,

Have you been in contact with our fraud group? We take security seriously and want to make sure any issues are being addressed. Please let me know and I can set up a call with them if needed.

Thank you,

*Chris

I've spoken to the fraud dept over the phone, they told me they did not handle that type of issue. But yes, I would appreciate if you would set up a call with them I need to speak with someone about this as soon as possible.

Wizard

Would you please send me a private message with a brief discription of what exactly is going on and a good phone number to reach you? I will get a call setup for us.

Thank you,

*Chris

Journeyman

Wow! This happened to me too! I used an Evo 4 since it came out in 2010 and have had several issues with it since. Well about 2 months ago my Evo was hacked; the caller had a thick accent and constantly called from a number that appears to be from FL. I googled the number and found that I was not the only person getting these type of calls from this number. Everytime he called me I would ignore the call since he was calling me during the day when I was at work. One Friday, I was just fed up and finally answered the call. He proceeded to harass me on the phone so I hung up on him. He called right back; only this time, I sent the call to voicemail. Well, that was a mistake!!!! He left an obsence and nasty voicemessage. The next morning he called once again and again I ignored the call. Within a couple of minutes, my phone rang once and then the caller hung up. Yes, as you can imagine it was the harrasser who was calling. About an hour later my daughter came into my room to ask why I had a foreign voice as my greeting for my voicemail. She stated that I needed to listen to that message and take it off quickly since the content was obsence! Well I did call Sprint and was able to speak with three reps and to sprint fraud and was told to call the local police as well as contact the security department at sprint on the following Monday.

Needless to say I have had to use one of the old phones I own and now I am afraid to get any type of android or smartphone since now I am afraid that I will get "hacked" again. Everyone I speak with cannot believe that my phone got hacked, but as the sprint rep told me...your phone is like a computer so yes, it can get hacked!

Sorry that this happened to you too. Hope all gets resolved for you soon.

Journeyman

The "hack" may be coming through your computer to your phone account. You need to have your home pc's checked for viruses and make sure your home wifi is secure. They could easily get your sprint account details and logins through your pc or mac.

Sprint Employee

Hello st821 (BTW you should change your display name so it does not include your email address), in your situation the caller has likely guessed (or perhaps already knew) your voicemail passcode, nothing is required of the phone to be able to change the greeting of your voicemail. do you use sprint, or another service's voicemail?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Good evening RC1024 & Christhegreenman,

I. Thank you, I do have antivirus and my homes' wifi is set to private with a password required. I will make sure I get the laptops at home checked as well since I have not had those scanned.

2. Thank you for the suggestion to change the screen name, I will work on this tonight.

3. I use Sprint's voicemail. It does have a passcode required to access that too.

I appreciate your time and advice.

Sprint Employee

Hello again, You should update your voicemail passcode in the mypreferences section of this website, and make sure you have a strong PIN/security answer for your account, and strong password to sprint.com, I'm confident this will prevent this situation from being possible.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat