cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Admiral noise on all calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

Motorola Admiral noise on all calls

Anyone in chicagoland, IL having issues with lots of noise on the receiving end of a call?  No one wants to talk to me anymore due to all the noise they hear.  I don't hear it but everyone says it's terrible.  Sprint says it's the towers that they are working on.  This has been going on for 3 months now.  I can't get anyone at the Sprint stores to help me.  Any one out there having the same issues?  If so, what are you doing about it?  I'm ready to cancel my contracts with Sprint after 16 years.  Any feedback would be welcomed. 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Wizard

Lori5555,

Thanks for the post.

I am happy to help get this figured out. What kind of noise are they hearing? Static, echo, buzz, cross talk? Is this happening on Direct Connect or just phone calls? As far as you can tell, does it happen on all calls?

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Chris.  Thanks for the quick response.  The noises is all the above with Cross talk and Echoing the major issue.  Also muffled sounds occur as well.  It does not happen on Direct Connect.  Only on calls.  I am really frustrated as I cannot use my phone since no one wants to talk to me due to all the noises.  I have talked to customer service via the phone and they say I need a new phone.  I go to the Sprint Store and they say it's a tower issue and replacing the phone will not help me.  So what is the cause and what can be done to fix it?  Feel free to call me and hear the noises yourself. 

Thanks,

Lori

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lori5555,

Great information, thank you for sharing. Chris has left for the evening and I wanted to keep working on this with you. It is very strange for an agent to tell you to get a new phone on the phone, only to be told it is the towers in the store. Lets get to the heart of it. Mind if I check out the towers myself? I would just need your cross streets and zip to get a good look. Let me know!

*Ben

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, two different stories from customer service and the actual sprint store.  my zip 60169 and cross streets are kingman and Illinois.  thanks...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lori5555,

Always a pleasure to do all that I can for you. It is true that the towers are being upgraded around you, however I am not seeing anything that would cause this necessarily. Do you know of anyone else that has this happening on their device as well? Does this seem to happen just at home, or in more than three separate locations?

*Ben

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know of anyone else.  It also happens at my work (60631) but not as bad.  So there is nothing that can be done right, other than leave Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

- Lori5555 There are definitely things that can be done. I want to do some advanced troubleshooting with you on this. Can you private message me your phoen number and security pin/answer. We will do some refreshes on our end for example

- Mark

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem........told its a site problem but dont believe it. Can hardly Talk on phone and travel in a 50 mile radius and use several sites...  How about a refund on the bill??  Service sucks and so does the motorola Admiral.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Forgot to mention my zip is 43123............

Highlighted
Journeyman

- BeameOhio I do see a cell site was down, but if you can give some cross streets I would be able to give a more precise answer.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

any news on the towers in Hoffman Estates IL??  I still cannot use my phone in my home.  Would that Airase product work for me?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat